(Dropped) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD rumored to have insider builds.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

I guess I don't understand why you think that only .122 was going to support the Blu phone? There was a front page article saying that .122 was pulled in favor of .164. Most believe that is the GA release barring some major issue. There's so much more that goes into adding a phone into the Insider Program...maybe technically MS has it loaded & ready to go, but Blu asked them to hold off? Could be that Blu wants the GA WM10 upgrade and then after that we'll become available....
As much as I want the upgrade and really expected to see it soon last July. I'm not trying to raise alarm bells as you say. But there are real issues at hand. That was our "in" our chance to get into the insider program. I know there's a lot that goes into a new OS, but there are other issues.
Realistically? Windows 10 was rolled out last July. WM10 barely made the TH2 deadline and only with a couple models. Right now they are diverting attention to Redstone, look at today's release. Redstone and final touch ups on TH2. Their priorities are almost without any doubt on putting out final upgrades for the models that are already in the insider program, they want to finish this, not start an entire new round of bugs and problems. Redstone is due out in a few months. It may still happen and I truly hope it does but if I were to buy a phone this week in that price range and wanted WM10.....
The Lumia 550 is on sale this week here :)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

Maybe its because I'm a developer, so I get MS's logic...but its important to remember that WM10 isn't GA's yet. Sure, Win10 GA'd in July, not WM10. WM10 was GA'd in what, November right? So...starting with a July 2015 date is irrelevant. No phone had WM10 in July...

By all accounts WM10 was not ready for prime time when it was released, and it makes sense for Lumia's to get the Insider love, especially the 950 & XL as they'd been specifically designed, developed & tested with WM 10 in MS's labs. Its also a top tier technical device, so any performance issues would likely be glossed over by its superior hardware specs. Making it run well on lower spec'd phones requires a lot of extra effort...fine tuning code, reworking memory management, monitoring current draw from the battery, and on and on...

I get that you want WM10...but let's at least start from the correct dates...using Win10's date isn't even close to fair.

If we're all honest here, we knew when we bought the Blu phone, that we were buying a non-MS Lumia device and that the Insider program was going to be a bit of a long shot compared to a Lumia device. I believe Gabe when he says we're in...however, I also believe there's a reason we're not seeing it.

Maybe they're testing a firmware update for the screen & wanting to deliver that first? Who knows...if I wanted WM10 Preview (and it is a preview on all but a few), I'd get a Lumia 640 and load it. If I wanted the 'real deal', I'd nab a 650 or 950 and be done.

Since the Blu is often my daily driver, I want it to be right vs. right now...I think we'll have it soon. Then maybe I can sell this craptastic GS6.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

You may be right, and probably are. All those points are correct. I'd just feel more assured of getting it eventually if we were included in the Insider program. The we would still have the choice of waiting until they got it right or having it right now, haha.
PS, only thing I don't see in the 10586.164 release is the device layout file for our SOC, but it might be identical to one of the others or else just not there. That could be the reason we don't have it. But the other files for this SOC are def there.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

One last post for this thread, this is just speculation, but I see build 10586.122 has been pulled from the Windows update servers, it's been completely replaced with this new 10586.164 build. So my speculation is this will never be released. I'm not trying to start anything, just information. Hopefully build 10586.164 has support for those four new phones as well. I don't know.
View attachment 123450

I'm snooping as much as I can, from what little I know. I see that the new build at least has support for the SOC 8916, I found it by name. So that build is definitely capable of supporting the WIN HD LTE, I also found support for the SOC 8x12, the WIN HD model has a SOC 8612, so let's hope that is it! If the chipsets are supported then I'm sure they can support the devices should they choose to!

Hi,
How are these files downloaded?
When I tried (on Win10 x64 laptop) the download path selection threw an odd error saying the path was too long for windows to handle - even C:\ was too long!!
Anyone know what is going on?
thanx

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Maybe its because I'm a developer, so I get MS's logic...but its important to remember that WM10 isn't GA's yet. Sure, Win10 GA'd in July, not WM10. WM10 was GA'd in what, November right? So...starting with a July 2015 date is irrelevant. No phone had WM10 in July...

By all accounts WM10 was not ready for prime time when it was released, and it makes sense for Lumia's to get the Insider love, especially the 950 & XL as they'd been specifically designed, developed & tested with WM 10 in MS's labs. Its also a top tier technical device, so any performance issues would likely be glossed over by its superior hardware specs. Making it run well on lower spec'd phones requires a lot of extra effort...fine tuning code, reworking memory management, monitoring current draw from the battery, and on and on...

I get that you want WM10...but let's at least start from the correct dates...using Win10's date isn't even close to fair.

If we're all honest here, we knew when we bought the Blu phone, that we were buying a non-MS Lumia device and that the Insider program was going to be a bit of a long shot compared to a Lumia device. I believe Gabe when he says we're in...however, I also believe there's a reason we're not seeing it.

Maybe they're testing a firmware update for the screen & wanting to deliver that first? Who knows...if I wanted WM10 Preview (and it is a preview on all but a few), I'd get a Lumia 640 and load it. If I wanted the 'real deal', I'd nab a 650 or 950 and be done.

Since the Blu is often my daily driver, I want it to be right vs. right now...I think we'll have it soon. Then maybe I can sell this craptastic GS6.

Look, we all get it OK, we don't need any more 'lectures'.
The root cause of all the gripes and complaints is not so much the delay, it is being ignored and left in the dark for months on end by both Blu and Microsoft. They key to good customer relations and confidence is good, frequent and honest communication. If things aren't going as intended then say so and say what is being done about it, but to ignore requests for feedback is just bad and drives customers away.
If they don't know or care about that then they'll ultimately fail.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I guess I let the facts get in the way...not a lecture...facts. Carry on with your group gripe therapy.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

when you download from there you get REALLY long file names, folders with the same name. it does do that if your not careful. I've downloaded drivers from there before. 10586.164 is actually 1037 different files, all with a different link. You probably don't want to bother. If you do then there is a post over at another forum with a complete list. Without all the very long folder names and file names you can download without that error

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I received a response from Paul Thurrott yesterday, he unfortunately didn't have any insider knowledge of why our phones weren't seeing the update. Has anyone tweeted any of the other MS Support guys that visit the forums?

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

So if you don't get a pre-release build you are just saying the heck with it?
I just don't understand some people...

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

It's a different mindset. Many of us believe that W10M was released last November only supported a few models at first. That's why the 10586 build matches the build number of the Desktop version of Windows 10. That's why they call these recent releases "cumulative updates" just as they do with the PC version. They don't say anything because in their minds it's obvious. With each release they hope to include as many of the older models as possible in the official OTA updates.
Watch. When Redstone is released as a "new version" they will stop work on the current branch and Redstone will become the "current branch". At that point any models that haven't been included with the TH2 release will have to hope that someone starts all over again from square one. Do you really think that will happen? I don't. Time is running short and if we don't press them to include this model before the Redstone release due out in a few months it won't happen. Of course I expect there is going to be a big push to get as many models included as possible but I think that is happening right now.I believe that if we just stay quiet and don't say a thing they will of course work on the models already in the Insider Program before adding new models.
Yes the current releases are capable of supporting the BLU models, but they are also capable of supporting the Raspberry Pi2 and I don't expect it to get an official release, do you?
I personally believe that the reason they haven't included the BLU models is because they don't want to take on more work than they can handle, why open a can of worms?
I'm not trying to start something or press a panic button. Just preparing all of us for it. If you really want W10M on your phone let them know they have a large base of consumers that are expecting it, just email them, email BLU, email Paul Thurrott. It CAN still happen but won't if we let them believe they don't have to. Yes, I want it to happen, I still believe we have a window of opportunity to get them to change their minds. I believe there is HOPE, I don't believe it will happen if we don't make our opinions heard.
I've seen this same scenario time and time again. If Redstone gets released before these BLU models get support it won't happen.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I received a response from Paul Thurrott yesterday, he unfortunately didn't have any insider knowledge of why our phones weren't seeing the update. Has anyone tweeted any of the other MS Support guys that visit the forums?
Nice work!

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Or you could click on the phone look at the details and see that is still says it is upgradable to windows 10 when available. But why investigate, just react.
View attachment 123527
Let me help you with that..
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/upgradeable
The processor in my laptop is upgradable as well, does that mean someone is going to send me a new processor when it is released?
Did you scroll down and read the fine print?
[1] More information and additional offer terms available in the coming months

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Let me help you with that..
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/upgradeable
The processor in my laptop is upgradable as well, does that mean someone is going to send me a new processor when it is released?
Did you scroll down and read the fine print?
[1] More information and additional offer terms available in the coming months

It has said that since the day that phone hit the BLU website, and the MS website. Why does this mean something different now? I am still amazed that you think you know what is going on in the board rooms of one of the largest companies in the world, with no facts to back your opinion up.

It is a device that costs between $99USD and $179USD, depending on when you bought it. It is not a priceless piece of art, it is a communication device that is at the bottom of the scale (in terms of price, specs and manufacturer) of touch screen communication devices. If you want something int his same class that is guaranteed to be upgraded, get a fricking iPhone. They still support the 4s on ios 9, and you can pick one up on eBay for $69.95 shipped free.

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

[WARN]Let's play nice now.

Other users are not a topic and this thread is a useful resource. Let's not get it shut down. permanently.

It's on a short break for now though.[/WARN]

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

We're back live now.

Hopes are great. I hope BLU sees official W10M soon, whatever the issues with Insider access are.

Pragmatism and realism are worth discussing as well.

lazybum131

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Blu is still clearly advertising the Win HD LTE as upgradable to Windows 10 soon when it's available. It's possible they just don't want to have to deal with customers who have issues with pre-official release software. If build .164 is really going to be the official release to WP8.1 phones than I can totally see them telling MS to hold off, and perhaps it is one of the phones that require a firmware update as well. I can be patient (especially now that I just received a Lumia Icon off ebay, lol).

Vincenzo Venuto

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

We can only waiting that blu quickly release a firmware, if necessary, to upgrade the phone at w10m.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)