(Dropped) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD rumored to have insider builds.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

News anyone? For me it's the same, no update yet. Sent a mail to blu yesterday, still waiting...

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

Rumors have been saying the updates start today, got some update for my 640XL already this morning. It already had 10586.164, not sure what the update was but it seemed to be a small update so something could very well be happening today. Hopefully some good news later today?

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Rumors have been saying the updates start today, got some update for my 640XL already this morning. It already had 10586.164, not sure what the update was but it seemed to be a small update so something could very well be happening today. Hopefully some good news later today?

Firmware?

I brought my Blu today so I can watch for anything that may come across for updates. =) Let's hope they push with the rumored push today.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

No, not firmware. It still has the same firmware number. I tapped on the details and it sent me to a Windows Lumia 10 page, one might suspect they are trying to say it's official now? But really just an assumption.
Sorry I couldn't help more there. I got the update a little after midnight my time.

Stephen Sofronsky

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

Hello everyone. I have a BLU win HD non LTE version. My phone just upgraded to windows 10! what I did was go to the store and checked for updates. The updateadvisor app updated to upgrade advisor and running the app let me get windows 10. Let me know if its working for you too.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone. I have a BLU win HD non LTE version. My phone just upgraded to windows 10! what I did was go to the store and checked for updates. The updateadvisor app updated to upgrade advisor and running the app let me get windows 10. Let me know if its working for you too.

I just read the post on the article. I'm going to try this as soon as my phone comes up.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Update advisor updated to upgrade advisor, but no windows 10 on mine x150e

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Update advisor updated to upgrade advisor, but no windows 10 on mine x150e

There servers will be heavily bogged today with everyone trying to get the update for older devices. Mine says the upgrade is available, but it won't let me download it. Could be I'm using a hotspot connection too. When you ran Upgrade Advisor did it state that the update is available but to go to settings -> phone update to download it?

Stephen Sofronsky

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

Also the X150e is the European version. the update might be rolling out later.

and yes it did state that an update is available and to go to phone settings to download

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

There servers will be heavily bogged today with everyone trying to get the update for older devices. Mine says the upgrade is available, but it won't let me download it. Could be I'm using a hotspot connection too. When you ran Upgrade Advisor did it state that the update is available but to go to settings -> phone update to download it?

wp_ss_20160317_0001.png

Upgrade is not available.

cyber_k9

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I did a check for update via Settings, didn't find anything; then I installed the "Upgrade Advisor" app and it reported that my phone (W510U) was eligible, and I had the option of accepting it. I did, then it seemed to search for updates again - mid-way through that, I got a notification that an update was available.

When I went back to Settings > phone update, it was reporting an update was ready. Interestingly, it came up as "Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (10.0.10586.71)"... maybe because I am also enrolled in the Insider program and am in the "Release" ring?

Anyway, it's in the process of downloading and preparing to install now...

EDIT: it's rebooted and I'm in the whole series of "We're getting there..." steps now. It was chugging along fine, but is taking a very long time at "Step 18 of 22", stuck at ~63%. Hopefully it'll get past that soon...

EDIT 2: I did a soft-reset (down+power) and when it rebooted it continued with "Step 1 of 5". It's completed now; things seem pretty solid so far, although I have almost 30 app updates showing in the Store that are taking a while to install.

One weird quirk is I had a "Phone update" notification still in the Action Center, which when I tapped it took me to the "old style" (8.1) update screen. Cleared it and it doesn't seem to be around anymore.

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I did a check for update via Settings, didn't find anything; then I installed the "Upgrade Advisor" app and it reported that my phone (W510U) was eligible, and I had the option of accepting it. I did, then it seemed to search for updates again - mid-way through that, I got a notification that an update was available.

When I went back to Settings > phone update, it was reporting an update was ready. Interestingly, it came up as "Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (10.0.10586.71)"... maybe because I am also enrolled in the Insider program and am in the "Release" ring?

Anyway, it's in the process of downloading and preparing to install now...

The X150x aren't getting any sort of love.

raudes

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I did install Upgrade advisor a moment ago, check for updates, ask me to enable receiving update and after went to settings update phone and started downloading the update, I have a blue non lte.

When the update finished downloading, appeared this screen:

Last edited:

Mike Caruso

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My Update Advisor would not upgrade to Upgrade Advisor, so uninstalled & reinstalled. Ran the app, it asked permission to receive the update after telling me my Blu WinHD LTE x150q qualified for the update ....

Downloaded and installed the update last night ...... download was slow due the zillion DL's that were probably going on, and then the upgrade itself took a good hour .... once installed, when going through the "setting up your apps" phase it did seem to get stuck on one app for a long time. A power down and restart corrected that.

So phone is now on Win10 ... there was a small update also installed this morning ....

So now the fun begins ..... all email accounts have to be redone as the mail app is now the same universal app as on Win10 so it was a blank .... and there is a wonky problem with my Microsoft Band 2 only sort of working ... I will unregister/reregister it to see if that helps ....

So far does not seem any slower or faster than it was before, but haven't really had a chance to play with it much yet !!

Mike Caruso

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
OK so after using it for a few hours, I have found that it is running warm ..... it is using too much power right now ...

I unplugged it from its charger at 630am and at 130pm had to plug it back in as I was down to 7% power ...

Outlook lost 3 out of 4 email accounts that I had configured through it. It is not syncing contact info properly either, likely due to loosing accounts.

I am trying to use it as I normally would throughout a day. I had it as an active hotspot for my tablet for about an hour this morning and it has been Bluetooth paired to my Band2 all day.

When I got to 10% battery, I turned off BT and put it in to batter saver till I could get to a charger which was not until an hour later, which means I went through 90% of my charge in 6 hours !! from 6:30 to 12:30

So there def needs to be some fixes coming quick for this or I will have to revert, can't have it dying halfway through a work day on me, ad dropping accounts. This phone is my daily driver, so if not stable it's back to Win 8.1.

But it is day one .... I'll play with it over the weekend and see how it goes .....

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mines running warm today too. I'm going to hard reset and reinstall everything from scratch and see how it goes from there.

One thing I noticed is that all my email accounts were reset on their sync frequency...I had mine all at 15 mins or longer, vs. based on my usage...so I'm going to keep looking for those opportunities. Not letting apps run in the background etc...

mushink

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Did the upgrade last night. Like several of you folks I had long download times, especially at the 5% mark and like several others had the long restore my settings etc. at 9 of 23 and 15 of 23.

I just left it alone to finish up overnight. I checked it 3hours later and the phone was sitting at a new home screen. Sucess.

No problems for me, all email accounts were correct and every setting on my phone was correct.

One thing that did take some time after upgrade was the app updates which for me was just about everything on my phone. Again, patience, and an hour later all apps were current and working.

As to batt usage, I noticed that on my phone at least, one note, word , the music app all were resync mode as well as many other OneDrive apps, photos docs etc. This took most of the afternoon, off and on. About 2 hours more. Yes, phone was running a bit warm , about the same as when im using video skype for more than 45 mins, but after everything was sync'd, back to cool or normal ops.

This evening my 510u is working just as it was before the upgrade power wise. One of the things i like about this phone, the batt life for me at least.

The only , only, thing that did not come back EXACTLY as I had it set was my liked email accounts. Just had to hit the link key and they were all relinked.

So, all in all it was smooth here. I'll keep updating if I find any glaring issues. So far very very happy with the changes and especially with the volume apparently being fixed. Yay ! I can now hear Cortana in the other room now. 🙂
All my best!

Update: 3-22-2016
So far no glaring issues. The night after the 1st upgrade, my phone received a second " update " and a few minor changes resulted. Edge now screams and the frequency of OneDrive syncing has gone down by 75%. Phone operation in general is so much smoother and one big plus is that the Photosynth App now works perfectly ! I have noticed that many apps that did not work at all or had VERY limited functionality now work as intended. All in all, a great improvement. The call blocking function is perfect as well.
Again, all my best.!
Stew

Last edited:

BallFiore

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I tried the insider ring and there seems to be a new update available. Has anyone successfully updated to the latest insider build? How's the performance on the Win Blu HD LTE?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried the insider ring and there seems to be a new update available. Has anyone successfully updated to the latest insider build? How's the performance on the Win Blu HD LTE?

Insider is the App. The rings have names: Fast, Slow, Release, Preview...

Which Ring? If it is Fast, that would be early Redstone builds. For stability I'd recommend not using Fast on a daily driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb