My Lumia 650 Cases & Accessories Review

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people love the sleek look of the Lumia 650 just as it is. Others may want to dress it up with a new case in the style and color of their preference. Some may even want to get an armored or decorative skin for their new phone.

And a new phone usually means new accessories: screen protectors, headphones, memory cards, etc...

Here you can show off your selection of cases and accessories. Tell us how you're outfitting that great phone and what you'll be using with it.

Give us the lowdown on how it looks, how it feels, how it performs... How is it working out for you?

[NOTE]Remember the cardinal rule of the internet:

Pics or it did not happen!!! :winktongue:[/NOTE]

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought this ShockSock for mine:
ShockSock.jpg

Lumia 650 Case, Shocksock Microsoft 650 Neoprene Case: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It really protects the phone well and means I can just throw the phone in a bag without worrying. The super strength velcro looses up nicely over time. A smaller version kept my recently departed HTC 8X in perfect condition with not a mark on the screen (no screen protector) for 3 years.

There are obvious disadvantages, it adds bulk, it takes time to remove the phone from the case when you're answering it, but it protects it well and means the phones design isn't permanently hidden behind a rubber cover.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Mozo back cover in black wood effect arrived today. It's a lot thicker than the original and adds a mm to the thickness of the phone but I like it. It adds a sense of solidity to the device and there is no creaking whatsoever. Lightly textured surface repels fingerprints too. Recommended. Beyond that I keep mine in a Fitbag pouch (black cord with microfiber lining). It gives you ease of access and keeps the screen clean too.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, fits tight as a drum and absolutely no flex. It's thicker than the original back and adds a bit substance. Also, it protects the camera lens bump as it has a lip that protrudes just above the level of the lens. Thoughtful touch.

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
how is the mozo black wood back cover after a month is there any problems with it as im thinking of getting one for my 650

nysink

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Also thinking of getting the black wood look cover.

Has anyone yet found a good screenprotector film? I'm hearing about problems with the light sensor with these, but a screenprotector is pretty much a priority for me.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I grabbed this one from Amazon. $10 bucks, has a clear back and a colored border...it actually looks really nice. It eliminates the bump from the camera and the tiny feet hold it off of surfaces. Not to mention, the color of the blue one is similar to the Cyan color used for previous Lumias, so, I feel like I have some continuity. lol

Amazon.com: Lumia 650 Case, Tauri [Scratch Resistant] Crystal Clear Protective Case [Drop Protection] TPU Bumper Hybrid Case Cover for Microsoft Lumia 650 - Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

WP_20160502_00_06_22_Pro_LI.jpg

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I think that's wired.
I search for a battery every month from when I bought it.
You can find battery or other accessories for any model, despite their sales.
I ask for the possibility that I looking in wrong sites.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's an original 650 battery: Bater?a Microsoft BV-T3G Lumia 650 2000 mAh

The site looks a bit old and delivery takes a while, but all parts are original as the name suggests. I previously ordered a new back cover, NFC antennae and Qi charging coils from them for my Lumia 930 (can't believe they didn't offer the 930 with silver aluminium and black cover combo from the start, it's the best looking :p).

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Cimo TPU case, blue color, for my 650 from Amazon. $8 shipped and very happy with the purchase. Shipped from Cimo in New Jersey, USA. It is a clear blue case with matte finish on back and glossy on all sides and no fingerprints yet after one day of use. It looks slightly darker in person than these few pics I took. The case protrudes from the screen enough to allow face down placement of the phone without scratching the screen. The buttons require a bit more pressure to press than without the case but are easier to feel and distinguish up and down volume. The overall fit in hand is much better than the naked 650 IMO, which is too thin to be comfortable without a case. The fit of the case on the phone is also perfect; no loose edges or corners. The mold line visible in the photo is barely visible in person, and only up close with the right lighting. It was between this and a StilGut leather flip case and am very happy with this case as I think opening and closing such case would wear on my patience.

WP_20160812_20_26_07_Pro.jpgWP_20160812_20_30_46_Pro.jpgWP_20160812_20_32_44_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Bought this Cubix faux-leather back cover for my new 650, pretty decent for only INR 400 off amazon.in - can't speak to long-term wear and tear of course but seeing even Mozo cases wearing off poorly over time, this seems a steal.

cubix.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been rocking the Mozo Glam case on my 650 and have gotten a LOT of compliments on it.

Mozo-Glam-Cover-Case-for-Microsoft-Lumia-650-Clear-Gold.jpg

Now I'm thinking of adding the Light Wood back... I think they would really compliment each other very well.

57444.jpg

Still scouring the net, but in the US this Amazon Storefront seems to have the best deals on Mozo and we all know they aren't cheap.

BTW, have ya signed up for Amazon Smiles? Get part of every purchase donated to the charity of your choice. I made mine Be The Match, they have lots of great causes to choose from and you can change them from time to time as well.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Lumia 650 Cases & Accessories Review

LOL... Thinking done. Trigger pulled. I had a couple other items sitting in my cart so I just added the Wood Back, applied my Microsoft Rewards for a $5 gift card and placed my order.

Also in the cart was this super deal: 3 pack Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Lumia 650 only $7.95 and a little something for my Lumia 1520.
Nice! Considering a wood back myself but so hard to locate and a deal seems like it can't be found lol. I have some sellers who I am considering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs