How do I get back to the start screen of my new Lumia 640 XL after playing XBox games?

ichbins217

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
how do i get back to the start screen of my new Lumia 640 XL after playing x-box games?

i love playing bejeweled-2 and other games, however, they have no QUIT GAME or exit buttons to stop game and go back to my windows phone. There has to be a better way than having to power-off the entire phone and re-start. Any suggestions?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do i get back to the start screen of my new Lumia 640 XL after playing x-box games?

Just press the Windows icon to go back to the start screen. If i may ask. Have You ever had an Windows Phone before?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i get back to the start screen of my new Lumia 640 XL after playing x-box games?

Hold down the back key (←) and enter multi-task view.

Here all your open apps will be on cards you can scroll through. Either press the X in the upper right of a card or swipe the card off the bottom of the screen. Either will close the app. You can also scroll to the Start Screen card (or any card) and tap it to enter that app.

Happy Windows Phone.

ichbins217

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

yes, i actually only have had windows phones before... i've been doing work on windows pc's all my adult life and didn't feel like changing systems for the phone. I like it because it's "familiar". The last one was a samsung windows phone and it had 'technical difficulties'. This lumia 640XL in my opinion is one of the best. I like it because you can store all your stuff on one drive, responds quickly, except when playing games. There is no windows icon showing up once i'm in game mode. The games themselves have no "QUIT GAME" buttons as they did before. :cry:

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

There is no windows icon showing up once i'm in game mode. The games themselves have no "QUIT GAME" buttons as they did before. :cry:
I think you mean your navigation bar disappeared. You can recover it by swiping up where the bar supposed to be. ( at least with my Lumia 640) this is totally normal

ichbins217

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

thanks for your suggestion... unfortunately there is no back key :( After quitting the game and i go back to the main screen of bejeweled live+ it does not have any screen that lets me quit the game.. the help and about button just helps with games... it gets stuck on the main screen and there is no windows icon ...nothing to let me get back to the phone ... I've tried everything and short of shutting of the phone i have not found any other solution. Maybe the developers of windows games just 'forgot'. Any other suggestions pls?

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Swipe up from bottom of phone to show nav buttons ( back, start, search) and press start

ichbins217

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

Uhhhh, YEAAAAHHHH, thank you, thank you, thank you :) <3 that's it... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb