My Cat bit off the Charger Cable... what next?!

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My darn cat has this thing for cables and bit-off the charger cable. I then took out the USB cable that came with the box and connected it to the standard wall plugs that come with a USB, however the phone doesn't charge this way.

What is the use of this cable - is it only for data transfer, can't I use it to charge the phone as well?

Please help, I've got about 3 hours of battery remaining on the phone :sweaty:

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
The standard wall USB port does not put out enough current. Why even start blaming the cable? It is a charging/data cable.
Turn the phone off and get a charger in the morning

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you but I wasn't blaming the cable. I'm blaming the cat.

It's already morning in my part of the world... and if the USB cable supplied with the box is indeed ONLY a data cable then that's a waste.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I then took out the USB cable that came with the box and connected it to the standard wall plugs that come with a USB, however the phone doesn't charge this way.

What is the use of this cable - is it only for data transfer, can't I use it to charge the phone as well?
:

not all wall chargers work the same. I have used my 950 cable on a samsung tablet charger (2.1A) with no problems as well as a few others. The older ones I had, 1A, did, but not well.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
not all wall chargers work the same. I have used my 950 cable on a samsung tablet charger (2.1A) with no problems as well as a few others. The older ones I had, 1A, did, but not well.
Agreed. I'm using the 950 cable with my Surface docking station, no problems charging the phone or transferring data.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Thank you but I wasn't blaming the cable. I'm blaming the cat.

It's already morning in my part of the world... and if the USB cable supplied with the box is indeed ONLY a data cable then that's a waste.

As said below the cable will indeed charge the phone connected to most USB adapters except iPad chargers. There is something in the way that Apple arranges the PINs.

I have been able to use the cable in my car and with other chargers including my laptop.

flair77

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Original charger repaired. Cat admonished. And USB cable supplied works on particular USB chargers and laptops and not all - lesson learnt :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans