Phone updated to 10.0.10586.164 last night

Wic

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I am NOT using Insider Preview. Last night my automatic update check anounced an update and requested a restart of the phone. The phone was charging so I just restarted it and went to bed. A few hours later I found it to be very hot and unresponsive. The screen remained black and only the Navbar showed up after I pressed power.
So I gave it a soft reset and the phone came back with the gear animation. Half an hour later the update was finished.

This happend two hours ago so I haven't been able to see any major changes yet.

950XL Single Sim (German)
RM-1085_12547
HW 4.0.1.1
Operator 000-DE (T-Mobile)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I thought I was being clever and tried to d/l using insider. I couldn't get WC up so didn't know this was a straight update! D'oh!! After many, many errors, I killed the insider app, and bingo bongo, there it was!! If only I had been able to get to WC, I would have known 950xl was different. The only upside to this was an evening free of moaning and doom mongering!

No issues yet.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update. GRR. I'm on the 'slow' insider ring, but still nothing! Heck, my husband's phone updated and he's not part of the Insider program. UGH. I did the hard reset, the whole bit, and still nothing. /rant

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't gotten the update. GRR. I'm on the 'slow' insider ring, but still nothing! Heck, my husband's phone updated and he's not part of the Insider program. UGH. I did the hard reset, the whole bit, and still nothing. /rant

Howdy Azensun, After the latest firmware, (0038), and OS .122, I had serious issues with my phone. I did a hard reset this past weekend and reset the phone clean, not from a backup. all issues that I had disappeared. I got the .164 update yesterday, and installed it. It wasn't until I read your post, that I realized that I didn't install the windows insider app, after the reset. So I am on production, and received the update.

When you did the hard reset, did you do it clean, or from a backup?. in any case, you may want to revert to production, (as I was on the slow ring as well), and then try to see if you can get the .164 update.

So far, .164 seems very stable, particularly with regards to battery usage.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I haven't gotten it yet either. I was on the pre production ring on my 950xl and on update version .122. I did a soft reset - nothing, hard reset (reset phone in the os) - nothing regardless if restore from backup or clean install (yes, I did both). Tried slow ring, pre production ring, and turned off preview builds... it didn't matter, still nothing.

I don't know what else to try except to use the Recovery Tool. My phone seems to be working fine so if .164 is an actual release build I'll just wait and update it via the Recovery tool once its updated

ShanKamley

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I am using Lumia 640 Dual sim....but i did not received the update yet, i am set to fast ring insider preview!!!:crying::cry: help meeeee

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I am production all the way and received the update and some point in the last 24 hours... when I woke this morning I was prompted to schedule a restart to install updates.

So far no major differences that I can tell.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I'm glad you were able to get the update!
To answer your question, I did a 'clean' set up after the reset, hoping whatever was blocking the update would be cleared, and still no luck! I also tried dialing back to Production, then back to Slow on Windows Insider, and still no luck. I'm really trying not to use the WRT, but I may have to.

Thanks so much for responding gsjansen!

Last edited:

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi there! I'm glad you were able to get the update!
To answer your question, I did a 'clean' set up after the reset, hoping whatever was blocking the update would be cleared, and still no luck! I also tried dialing back to Production, then back to Slow on Windows Insider, and still no luck. I'm really trying not to use the WRT, but I may have to.

Thanks so much for responding!

What is your current build # ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb