Text from windows 10 pc no longer working with 14283.1000

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, this sucks. I text from my surfacebook and desktop quite a bit (loved the addition of the feature) - but it now seems to be broken after 14283.1000 update. Unfortunately, I did not even realize my texts were not going through until I checked my phone since there are no warnings or error messages.

Can someone else try this to see if it is still working for them?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I think this has been the worst update to date... not only those problems you speak of, but slacker is acting funny, my band 2 will not connect to my phone anymore and a couple of other problems I can't think of at the moment... seriously I think MS has hired a pack of monkeys to program and code for the mobile OS

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you could text from your pc? I thought that only worked when you selected skype from the drop down menu, didn't know it worked with the carrier thing as well

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Wait, you could text from your pc? I thought that only worked when you selected skype from the drop down menu, didn't know it worked with the carrier thing as well

On a Windows10 PC, within Cortana, type "Send Text" and you'll get the feature to load up, where you can leverage your nearby Windows 10 phone to send text via the PC.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I think this has been the worst update to date... not only those problems you speak of, but slacker is acting funny, my band 2 will not connect to my phone anymore and a couple of other problems I can't think of at the moment... seriously I think MS has hired a pack of monkeys to program and code for the mobile OS

Have you tried changing your phone's language as a work around to the Band2 issue? I had changed mine from English (US) to English (Canada) and the Band2 syncs fine.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
On a Windows10 PC, within Cortana, type "Send Text" and you'll get the feature to load up, where you can leverage your nearby Windows 10 phone to send text via the PC.

Well, I never knew that one! Thanks for the tip DLong4!. Do you know of any way to view text messages on pc? I know that I sometimes received a notification if I have a missed call, but nothing to show me what messages had been received.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss