Who has come to lumia 950 after the 930? Your opinion please

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It is unbelievable but 930 is smoother in use.Sometimes doing the same task 950 lags and 930 not!
Touch screen sensitivity not as good as in 930.
Apps in 950 open a bit faster and wifi is a little quicker.
I think the firmware of 950 needs a lot of work to show the phone's power.
I would like to know the opinion of other people who made that shift.
If I am the only one with this opinion maybe I must consider a hard reset.

Last edited:

Shkupjani

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I was using both of them... the difference in speed is tinny...

In my opinion the only advantages of 950 are iris scanner, continuum and fast charging

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, in fact I sold me 930 soon after getting the 950, it's a noticeably better experience using Windows 10 on the 950. (using build .164 and latest firmware)

I must consider a hard reset.

Yes, IIRC I reset mine for the .122 build after coming off fast-ring and Redstone build.

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
The .164 experience in my Lumia 950 has been great so far. I guess the 930 still outperforms the 950 in touch screen response, but that's it.

The 950 is better in any other aspect.

Better camera, micro sd slot, removable battery, usb on the go, continuum, call recorder, better stereo separation on videos, better low light videos, dual sim option.

I guess the WM10 is approaching a mature state. It has a great potential.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I went from Lumia Icon (Verizon 930) to the AT&T 950............apart from the stability of W10 Mobile, which its a little hit and miss (think Android Jellybean).....once they get the bugs squated - i fully expect the 950 to be amazing - which is not to say that I dont love the phone. The build quality of the 930/Icon with its metal edge should have been carried through to the 950, but a Mozo case, and its back to looking pretty awesome. The screen / AMOLED Glance feature on the 950 is amazing - but its sensativity is def. less, as it struggles to work with gloves, whereas my Icon used to work with all my gloves. USB C is amazing, and Continiuum is cool, but without a wired connection, its laggy and slow at best. The cameras are comparable - W10 vs. W8.1 - 8.1 is more stabile, and pushes out good images. The only reason i upgraded, is because my Icon's charging port broke, and the phone was under warranty (MS Complete) for a few more months.......Microsoft no longer made the phone in the Verizon variant, and the NYC store couldnt locate a replacement for me, so they wound up giving me an AT&T 950 as a replacement. I had to give up unlimited data, but a free upgrade, is a free upgrade ;-)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I went from Lumia Icon (Verizon 930) to the AT&T 950............apart from the stability of W10 Mobile, which its a little hit and miss (think Android Jellybean).....once they get the bugs squated - i fully expect the 950 to be amazing - which is not to say that I dont love the phone. The build quality of the 930/Icon with its metal edge should have been carried through to the 950, but a Mozo case, and its back to looking pretty awesome. The screen / AMOLED Glance feature on the 950 is amazing - but its sensativity is def. less, as it struggles to work with gloves, whereas my Icon used to work with all my gloves. USB C is amazing, and Continiuum is cool, but without a wired connection, its laggy and slow at best. The cameras are comparable - W10 vs. W8.1 - 8.1 is more stabile, and pushes out good images. The only reason i upgraded, is because my Icon's charging port broke, and the phone was under warranty (MS Complete) for a few more months.......Microsoft no longer made the phone in the Verizon variant, and the NYC store couldnt locate a replacement for me, so they wound up giving me an AT&T 950 as a replacement. I had to give up unlimited data, but a free upgrade, is a free upgrade ;-)
Did the same move from the same phone.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
After 7 days of use and side by side comparison:Big apps like amazing weather and navigon load noticeably faster.In apps like windows central app raisin etc the difference is hard to be noticed.
Sensitivity and reliability of the touch screen is worse in 950 but I am sure it will be fixed in future firmware updates.
The quality of the screen and black-white and colors in 950 are clearly superior.
Under direct sunlight I would prefer the 930.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Bar the pretty bland design, the 950 should've walked all over the 930. Funnily enough that doesn't seem to be the case from what we read. I'm guessing the team in charge of both the 950 and the 950xl was a shadow of it's former self. Thanks Satya

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett