Where to buy official replacement USB cable?

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My Lumia 1020 USB cable doesn't not charge / connect to PC. It occasionally connects when I squeeze/twist/fiddle with the cable which suggests faulty wiring inside.

I want to buy a replacement cable, but 90%+ of all online sellers sell fakes which cause slower charge time and slow data transfer speeds.

I've checked the Microsoft store and they don't appear to sell it.

Any recommended places where I can purchase an official USB cable?

Thanks

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
At Microsoft retail stores if you have one near you. They sell all kinds of accessories. But you don't need an original Nokia/Microsoft USB cable. Any good quality cable would do.

Graphic_Delusions

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
At Microsoft retail stores if you have one near you. They sell all kinds of accessories. But you don't need an original Nokia/Microsoft USB cable. Any good quality cable would do.

Well that's my problem here.

Places say they sell official / good quality cables, yet it appears to be common trade for them to get cheap knock-offs and sell them on to make profit.

I rather buy one that's for the Lumia 1020 so that it doesn't also overheat the battery.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
It's highly unlikely for you to get a "Lumia 1020 USB cable". At most you might get a Nokia or Microsoft cable but not online. Moreover, USB cables, unlike headphones, aren't device specific. Even a Samsung's USB cable would work with a Lumia. I have a Lumia 830 which supports fast charging and displays a warning when the phone is charging slowly. So one would ask, "does it charge at the same pace if other USB cable is used?" The answer is yes. My phone is completely compatible with Samsung's USB cable. Also same USB cables are packed by the manufacturer for all its phones that need one. So, if you don't have a Microsoft retail store near you then the most viable option is to buy any other cable. If you have quality concerns then buy little expensive one whose handling and delivery is done by the online retailer like the "Amazon fulfilled" service. Chances are those products might be genuine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05