Websites constantly crashing "resuming" on 512MB Lumia 630

wplee

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I know my Lumia 630 only has 512MB of RAM, but for the most part it has been able to load websites ok.

But for the last I've experienced major problems loading many websites. In the past the only site I could never get to load was "AutoExpress UK". But now "Carscoops", "Thetruthaboutcars" & "DenofGeek" all crash halfway through loading. When I look at the Internet Explorer history after the crash, its always either an Advert or Twitter API plugin that crashes Internet Explorer. So unless a website is super simple basic HTML like BBC News then I can't load it.

These are some of my favourite websites. It has only started happening over the last week. I'm getting a new Non-Lumia Phone next month but would like this fixed in the meantime. Are any other Lumia 630 users here having this problem?

ernoacs

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
It is really a shame microsoft does NOTHING to solve this issue. They promise W10 will solve all issues. However, the list of supported phones has recently been announced with NO W10 UPGRADE for 630 (Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows).
Anyhow, I never claimed W10, all I want is a correct and supported OS.

EDIT: The issue I've been complaining about is Internet Explorer crashing immediately on pages with facebook comments.

UPDATE: I have removed most of the applications and IE looks now more stabile... i.e. it doesn't crash immediately on pages with a few facebook comments, sometimes it stays alive minutes long... than it crashes anyway. A quick crash is guaranteed on pages with reasonable number of fb comments.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss