Windows 10 Mobile released for Lumia 730/735 (Officially)

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
can anyone post their current phone memory used after upgrading to w10m? I'm having free space of 1.7GB which is less than recommended space for successful update. Does w10m really use 5GB after fresh ROM flash and did MS solve other storage issue with w10m.
I think on my 735 under system it said like 3.59gb used after upgrade on .164 build. After all my apps and other things it have a total of 10.15gb free space left to use out of 16gb.

I just checked, my bad, system is 3.06 and 10.58 left of unused storage of 16gb.
just for comparison I believe on my 6p with marshmallow, system files used was like 6+GB.. I also installed like 50+ apps and have like 19+ GB left out of 32gb. I'll check when I get home and give specifics. My memory is not what it once was.

Last edited:

Divyansh Kanthra

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey !
I am new here. I have updated my Lumia 730 (India) to official release (.164) . Now I cannot find the option where I can turn off the Navigation Bar vibration. Can you help me out ?

Dipanxhu Gupta

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
its all fake that it releases officially , now also it crashes while opening store nd heating problem is also there nd in uc browser we can only download bt can browse facebook ...many problems are still there ...

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm Windows 10 update has now been released for CV GBIE Lumia 735. Downloads 10586.107 originally, I'm currently updating to 10586.164, so can't provide screen shots at the moment, but can do later if you want proof. Or just download yourself :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cool but, this does not make any sense. Everything I read says that the 735 has only 8GB of internal storage but, you are showing 16GB. Unless a MicroSD card shows as part of that total, I am not sure I understand.

The Verizon US 735 has 16 GB of memory.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon US 735 has 16 GB of memory.

Thank you. :) What do you think of picking up a 735 since it supports Windows 10 Mobile and then keeping my One M8 for Windows as a backup? (The M8 does not support Windows 10 Mobile as you already know but, even with the .164 build off the Insider track, it has issues that requires me to reboot it often so, I went back to Windows 8.1 update 2 on it.)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. :) What do you think of picking up a 735 since it supports Windows 10 Mobile and then keeping my One M8 for Windows as a backup? (The M8 does not support Windows 10 Mobile as you already know but, even with the .164 build off the Insider track, it has issues that requires me to reboot it often so, I went back to Windows 8.1 update 2 on it.)

I wouldn't mind the 735 by itself at all, although I would be wary in doing anything Verizon naturally.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, thought I should tell you my experience with windows 10 on my lumia 735 :)

So lets start with the upgrade experience. I've got the upgrade using the Upgrade advisor, took a couple of hours to get it done and every app updated. Overall, I would call it an okay experience for someone who knows whats going on, someone who doesn't know, could get in trouble. More on that later.

So I really like the design, UI(4 columns are awesome), action center, new and improved apps compared to windows 8.1 etc. I especially like that I can reply to sms messages from the banner, and I hope that other apps will update and give us this awesome feature. Reachability feature is also nice, but I rarely find myself using it, since a lumia 735 isn't that big.

Now, what I don't like. Battery. It's quite worse compared to 8.1, to a point that I must be careful not to spend it to zero to the end of the day. Before, on 8.1, it was a non issue, I would go to bed with normally 20%-30% battery left, now...not so much.

Another problem is the navigation bar, which requires app makers to update their apps to a windows 10 version so we can retract it. I dislike having it all the time on the screen, so I always hide it if I don't need it. So you can see, its irritating a bit, but I will live with it. It's not Microsoft's fault that it is like that, app developers are the ones that need to make a move now.

What I would like to have is the notification led to be enabled. Its infuriating that we have the hardware, but not the software to support it. That is just stupid, I wish they release a firmware update already to enable it.

That's it, overall windows 10 is a step forward nevertheless and something that will, in time, save windows phones.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like some nifty new features come at the expense of battery life. I just picked up a 735 as a backup phone and for a change of pace from my iPhone. I'm in no rush to update to W10M so perhaps when it comes out for Verizon the battery issues will be sorted out. Responding to text messages from the ribbon/notification bar is great, but there doesn't seem to be anything earth shattering.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
What I meant by 4 columns of square sized tiles on the start screen. To get that, you must go to Settings, then open up System, Display, and then you will find ,,Size of text, apps...etc" set it to 175%. Then, you go to Personalization, Start, scroll down till you see an option to show more tiles. That is how I got 4 columns of tiles and 5 columns for action center. Hope you like it :)

I don't get it how you get the same battery life as before, I really feel the difference between w10 and 8.1.... I have the latest available firmware and software 10568.164(forgive me if I haven't written all the numbers well).

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it how you get the same battery life as before, I really feel the difference between w10 and 8.1.... I have the latest available firmware and software 10568.164(forgive me if I haven't written all the numbers well).

Tried that 4 column thing before, it makes my start screen look small(and fuzzy text cause of the resolution against the no of tiles in display) on a 720P lol.
Battery life is almost similar in my case! Have you checked background apps? Id suggest a hard reset and setting up your phone on a fresh note :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99