BUGS: Running Window 10 Mobile on the BLU WIN HD LTE (x150q)

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Tried both, it'll show up for a few seconds occasionally, but always drops the connection. It doesn't even show up in device manager as being attached at all...so something's up.

Mine is recognized as a Windows phone by both my Windows 10 laptop at home and my Windows 7 desktop at work. File transfer using File manager works fine.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is recognized as a Windows phone by both my Windows 10 laptop at home and my Windows 7 desktop at work. File transfer using File manager works fine.

Ok, cool. Honestly, I need to try the simple things next...different cables (I've tried 2), and you never know about what Group policy is running on the machine that could be tripping things up as well. Corporate is paranoid about Win10 here right now.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I updated my phone to the latest OS and Firmware. The ones I am using are: OS Build: 10.0.10586.218. BLU Firmware: 15013. They fixed a few of the bugs, and I updated the initial post.

The fixed bugs were:
SYSTEM BUG: All Apps Overlay
SYSTEM / BLU ROM BUG: Initial setup ".com" button works properly now.
EMAIL APP: Archive works with Gmail now (if you have the "All Folder" shown in the IMAP settings in Google).
MAPS APP: Navigation Voice removed? There is not navigation voice anymore for me? I hear in the Redstone build it has it all fixed. They may of fixed it in this build by just removing it?

Overall just a few noticeable bugs which should of been fixed. I bet most of them won't be fixed until Redstone is released this summer. But happy the "All Apps Overlay" was fixed.

ajayaacharya

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Voice Navigation was not present even in the .164 build for me. I feel Win10 on BLU good for most parts. Only things i want is voice navigation and call record feature (if its possible by ny means)

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Here's the screen driver bug I'm seeing...this is across all apps, etc, etc, and not an issue with the FB app in anyway...but its the easiest to see. Notice the vertical bars going both down and up from the 'facebook' logo? Its everywhere. Hard to notice in most situations...

View attachment 123917

I think there may be more than a simple driver issue with this. I did not have this problem with WP 8.1 and that's the 1st thing I noticed after upgrading to W10M. This morning I downgraded back to WP 8.1 and now I have this problem.

I wonder if this was more than an esthetics issue, could a bad driver in W10M have actually damaged the display ?

J_Pod

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
The screen brightness and WiFi/data up/down arrows are the two most annoying things I've seen with this phone. I bought it and immediately upgraded to Windows 10, so I don't know what it was like on 8.1.
Also, is it just me, or is the minimum brightness on this phone way too high? I keep my phone at 0% throughout the whole day because it is so bright.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The screen brightness and WiFi/data up/down arrows are the two most annoying things I've seen with this phone. I bought it and immediately upgraded to Windows 10, so I don't know what it was like on 8.1.
Also, is it just me, or is the minimum brightness on this phone way too high? I keep my phone at 0% throughout the whole day because it is so bright.

You keep the brightness at 0% always? Dude isnt that too low during day light? Dont put strain on ur eyes :-0 . I'd agree with you on the minimum brightness though, it's still brighter than on android/ios at the same level.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This phone has a bug tht is driving me crazy. The Root Device Category is set to "Computer" by the manufacturer while it should be set to "Computer.Portable". This wrong configuration is causing some apps to show as the computer version of them, and this is causing bugs on Facebook (Beta), Messenger (Beta), Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar. These are the apps I noticed being affected, but there may be other apps too. Blu needs to fix it with a new firmware, I think it would be necessary just a small change on the Computer ID on Root Device Category.wp_ss_20160620_0001.pngwp_ss_20160620_0001 (2).png
Here it is a comparison with Lumia 640 XL and Blu Win HD LTE. All Nokia/Microsoft devices have the string "Computer.Portable" and Blu has the string "Computer" only.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
MS needs to know that! Tweet at the new Insider Head Dona...hopefully they can get Blu pointed in the right direction.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It would be good if all the users could send feedback on Insider Hub. But, as it is a bug from Blu firmware it would be good if Blu was contacted too

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by lucasnobrebs
This phone has a bug tht is driving me crazy. The Root Device Category is set to "Computer" by the manufacturer while it should be set to "Computer.Portable". This wrong configuration is causing some apps to show as the computer version of them, and this is causing bugs on Facebook (Beta), Messenger (Beta), Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar. These are the apps I noticed being affected, but there may be other apps too. Blu needs to fix it with a new firmware, I think it would be necessary just a small change on the Computer ID on Root Device Category.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here it is a comparison with Lumia 640 XL and Blu Win HD LTE. All Nokia/Microsoft devices have the string "Computer.Portable" and Blu has the string "Computer" only.

That change would improve battery life too?

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I've sent feedback.

feedback-hub:?contextid=637&feedbackid=a340b8fc-ecc9-4db5-80c5-0d30b0ad84a5&form=2&src=2

Did you find any answer or solution with this problem? im android user and wanted to try windows 10 mobile, so i buy the blu win hd lte just for try the W10M and now i found this post about this phone having trouble with the apps.
is the problem with these apps still persist or is solved?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Did you find any answer or solution with this problem? im android user and wanted to try windows 10 mobile, so i buy the blu win hd lte just for try the W10M and now i found this post about this phone having trouble with the apps.
is the problem with these apps still persist or is solved?

I don't think it's a problem with the apps, there are all perfectly usable at 100% it's only the way that they are displayed (the options bar on the left instead at the bottom) not correspond with the microsoft/nokia phones.
But looking at my wife's 735 I noticed that the office and mail/calendar apps on the blu shows more options automatically, that otherwise you need to tap more times on the 735 to reach them.
On the negative side I can confirm that 3rd party apps may or not have smaller dpi scale than the selected in settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos