Why does my Lumia 650 system restart every 10 minutes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 650 systems restart every 10 minutes

Hi, I bought new Lumia 650 2 days ago. From the first moment the phone restarts every 10 minutes. I tried go phone to the factory defaults, go to the clear installation but still the systems restart annually.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
What software version is it on? Mine got the OTA upgrade to 164 the day I got it. No issues whatsoever so far. It sounds like you could have a faulty unit. Would take it back and get a replacement.

diulittol

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 650 systems restart every 10 minutes

Hi guys! Have you found a solution of this problem? I bought this mobile phone 3 weeks ago and i brought it twice at the assistance! They didn't solve the problem and I considering to throw it away...

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problems with restarts at all. I've used release software versions and the Redstone beta versions. They all worked well.

Check phone update under settings and let it install anything it finds. Also click System --> About, scroll down to the bottom and reset your phone. You'll lose everything (it'll be like having a new phone), but it's better to try that before throwing it away.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I bought new Lumia 650 2 days ago. From the first moment the phone restarts every 10 minutes. I tried go phone to the factory defaults, go to the clear installation but still the systems restart annually.

Mine does the same. But not every 10 minutes, after a few hours maybe. It restarted twice today :\

Hi guys! Have you found a solution of this problem? I bought this mobile phone 3 weeks ago and i brought it twice at the assistance! They didn't solve the problem and I considering to throw it away...

You could have a flaky battery or the battery contacst are bad, etc. Then, your phone would get a power flicker which would cause it to reboot.

Looks like evidence for loose battery fit is mounting. http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-650/430858-lumia-650-battery-bit-loose.html

AbhiWindows10

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 650 systems restart every 10 minutes

Originally posted by Windows Central Question

Make sure you update your phone to 10586.420 at least. Your random reboot issue will be fixed. Now with this update mine reboots randomly only once a week or so. Sometime it stays fine even longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss