Windows 10 for HTC One M8?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for HTC one m 8

Because it's still a good phone and runs W10 great, so when people who have it are curious they come here and ask

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
We need tons of these threads! Still not giving up hope!

There could be millions of threads like this and it wouldn't change anything. Its not as if HTC reads these threads. Contacting HTC & Microsoft is the only way to go (I don't believe that will work either). Personally, I've Tweeted HTC several times and they just respond back its MS's fault (which I don't believe).

For me, its my busy time of year and I'm not putting too much effort into my phone OS right now. My M8 is running the last build that MS let it have and it works so I'll just run that until it dies or I have more time to look at options later in the year.

Sent from my Surface 3

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, this is messed up. The HTC is pretty much the best Windows Phone outside the Lumia 950/950XL. I loved my Lumia Icon but the HTC beats it overall.

I will also go for as long as possible with the current OS before upgrading. If a Surface phone comes out, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll go Android (kills me to say that but at least it's not iPhone).

Misayuki

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Seriously, this is messed up. The HTC is pretty much the best Windows Phone outside the Lumia 950/950XL. I loved my Lumia Icon but the HTC beats it overall.

I will also go for as long as possible with the current OS before upgrading. If a Surface phone comes out, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll go Android (kills me to say that but at least it's not iPhone).
Htc made a windows m8? I didn't know that.

Just looked up the icon, its a 930? Based on my experience with the m8, I am skeptical of its superiority. Simply because the m8 is precisely where htc went wrong on android so I can't imagine it being much better with windows.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually, if you look back at the HTC One M8 for Android, It reviewed quite well because it was a significant step over the M7. It was the M9
that was criticized heavily for beng a modest change.

As for the Icon/930, I loved the Icon. I actually owned 2 of them. Dropped the first one and got a cracked screen. Dropped the second one and got a cracked screen. The Microsoft Store stopped carrying the Icon so I was offered the HTC. But I had to pay the price difference.

The HTC has been terrific. It has a faster processor. The speakers are terrific. The form factor is slick and feels premium. The only negative has been the awful cameras.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Once you figure out the limitations of the camera, you'll find it's not so bad. The ultra pixel concept is actually fantastic, but it's not made for "detail" shots outside of Macro mode. It's like a point and shoot camera - which is what they were going for with it - an overall good level of performance, but not earth shattering in anyway. I wish they had kept the OIS from the M7 in there and maybe skipped the "duo-cam" idea, but for the most part, the M8 has been a very good camera for me. I have a Note 5 as a daily driver now which puts it to shame, but that's 2 generations newer. The low light on the M8 is still almost as good as the Samsung though.

Overall, the M8 is still stellar, but we're starting to see the issues crop up, like the new Instagram update that "requires additional hardware that is not available on your device" so I think the M8's days are numbered...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99