Problems with W10M on my L640 so far

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
The poster stated that he had a 1520 and 640 so I just gave a general answer :) and my answer also tells you how to hard reset within settings

Sorry I was not clear before, but what I meant was, does this button combination still work? It's possible they've changed it, since the hardware camera button is now optional.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to think W10M might be worse than Windows 95 ;)

And still I'm updating :amaze: Whole Easter to "fight" with the update, 8.1 in WDRT, nothing to lose but time and battery stats. I want to see improvements in camera and photos, if list scrolling is still jumpy and if overall annoyments are in a level I can tolerate after the freshness has worn out.

If I am forced to hard reset, I'll reset it really hard, all the way to WP8.1 (still time to make backup before restarting for update) :)

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok, upgraded my provider-free Lumia 640, which is my backup phone in case of e defect with my daily used one atm, yesterday. Did a hardreset, uninstalled apps i don't use and let the rest update.
No errors occurred, but why does the Windows app and other MS standard apps like contacts etc. take two or three extra seconds to load.
It seems the fluidity of Win8.1 is gone.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, upgraded my provider-free Lumia 640, which is my backup phone in case of e defect with my daily used one atm, yesterday. Did a hardreset, uninstalled apps i don't use and let the rest update.
No errors occurred, but why does the Windows app and other MS standard apps like contacts etc. take two or three extra seconds to load.
It seems the fluidity of Win8.1 is gone.

It's not lost, 2-3 seconds load time is not normal on WM10. I've a 640 running the official build and it takes at most ? a second to load.

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft..... what have you done to an otherwise fantastic Lumia Camera? Now it's a mess.
I had an update this morning for Windows Camera to .148 , but hardly see any improvements.
Last time when there were three cameras in WP8.1 Lumia Camera Classic, Lumia Camera 5 and MS Camera many says that's too much and confusing. Well the good thing was, you can always use the previous camera as benchmark to compare or use the older one until the newer gets fixed. Now there's only one camera which is buggy and over processing the photos. The only good thing it has compared to previous camera is that it is quicker to launch.
I feel so frustrated.

Last edited:

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
1. There's a glitch when starting recording video
2. Saving images is slow
3. Sometimes no ISO info in image information
4. Over sharpening of images
5. Recently taken photos taking time to load when opening Pictures to view
6. Deleting photos are slow

For now, I can live with it and give MS time to sort them out. What frustrates me the most is number 4. :/

Last edited:

satyamdalai

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
The thing i am facing is MS updated photos, camera, office apps and MSN apps recently and i am not getting any of updates but other apps are getting updates.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Flash light not working on my L640xl after windows 10 mobile update....:-(

I had this issue with Windows 10 after a hard reset on both a 640 and 640 XL. In both cases, I opened the camera app, switched to video mode and turned on the light to check that the light was actually working. After doing so, the built-in flashlight app from the pulldown menu started working.

It may have simply taken a power cycle, but this worked for me with both phones.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft..... what have you done to an otherwise fantastic Lumia Camera? .....I feel so frustrated.

You still have the choice to use Lumia Camera Classic

The thing i am facing is MS updated photos, camera, office apps and MSN apps recently and i am not getting any of updates but other apps are getting updates.

Updates are staggered so you'll have a wait a couple of days to get them in certain cases. I received some updates couple of days after it was reported to be updated.

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I received an update for Windows Camera to .141 few days ago but hardly notice improvement. This morning I received an update for MS Pictures (but I didn't take down the number of before the update)...12.8MB.

Since then, the camera & image has improved....although rich capture is still inconsistent. Saving photos, deleting is a lot faster. Images looks better now, not as noisy and oversharpened as before.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue with Windows 10 after a hard reset on both a 640 and 640 XL. In both cases, I opened the camera app, switched to video mode and turned on the light to check that the light was actually working. After doing so, the built-in flashlight app from the pulldown menu started working.

Brilliant, thanks! I was about to post but did a search first, and this fixed my flashlight.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
On my Lumia 640 on .164 Data usage is still not recording anything for cellular data--it just lumps everything into Wi-fi. This is an important feature to me since I have a limited data plan that just ends. I like to keep an eye on my cellular data usage so I am not caught out at the end of the month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven