Lumia 950 Touch Screen not very responsive, how can I get it working better?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950 Touch Screen not very responsive

I recently purchased a Lumia 950, and I noticed some quirks about the touch screen. For one, the bottom of the screen isn't as responsive as the top. Sometimes I have to touch the home button more than once to get it to register. Also, when I'm texting the keyboard misses several of my keystrokes.

Secondly, the bottom of the touch screen doesn't work at all when the phone is sitting flat on my desk. However, once I pick it up, it starts working.

Last, when the phone is charging, I don't have any of these issues, and the screen works perfectly.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's such a weird issue.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Coming from 930 I see that touch accuracy and responsiveness in 950 is worse.This happens especially when in app list I long press to pin the tile.Sometimes the screen is unresesponsive and when I press pin in start this doesn't happen.This is maybe a firmware problem.
I don't find any difference in top or bottom of screen.Maybe your digitizer doesn't fit properly.I suggest to check it in service...

Shah7i

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 Touch Screen not very responsive

I recently purchased a Lumia 950, and I noticed some quirks about the touch screen. For one, the bottom of the screen isn't as responsive as the top. Sometimes I have to touch the home button more than once to get it to register. Also, when I'm texting the keyboard misses several of my keystrokes.

Secondly, the bottom of the touch screen doesn't work at all when the phone is sitting flat on my desk. However, once I pick it up, it starts working.

Last, when the phone is charging, I don't have any of these issues, and the screen works perfectly.

Has this happened to anyone else? It's such a weird issue.

I having the same problem with Lumia 950,its very bad experience with Microsoft Lumia

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
If you have done a "Soft Reset" (by removing the battery-replacing after one min.) then install Hardware Tests from the store and check the touch screen. If the check is OK then a hard reset will solve the problem, if it is not OK look for your warranty...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss