Camera settings help on 640 XL & 640

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Let me come straight to the point, whenever I click pictures they are super noisy and dark, especially in good indoor lightning, can you guys help me to find best settings or app for taking best shots from my device as it's highly inconvenient to change ISO & all again and again. Devices like Moto G takes better shot than mine 640 XL especially in indoor :-/ Help!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
How I can check that ?

Posted from my phone
Keep Calm Because P.A.O.K. You Are

That depends on what app (and what OS version) you're running. If the OP is referring to the Lumia Camera app, then in the main screen, collapse the top menu so that it shows only three things: an lightning bolt with or without a diagonal line, a letter "a" and a "greater than" symbol. Tap on that letter "a" to toggle from auto, to night, to sports, and then back to auto. In my experience, it was the "sports" mode that gave me the same dark, noisy images (from a different phone, though).

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try rich capture. If that doesn't help, I adjust the ISO to 200-400, auto focus, shutter speed at about 1/15-1/10, and adjust brightness as necessary. Too much light into the sensor will wash out your photos. Hope this helps.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well one thing is for sure...the Lumia 640XL camera is a far better quality shooter than the Moto G. Something is not right...the camera or the way you're taking pictures.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Well one thing is for sure...the Lumia 640XL camera is a far better quality shooter than the Moto G. Something is not right...the camera or the way you're taking pictures.
This is I'm facing this issue on Lumia 640 too and my friends 640 xl too all are on windows 10 and default camera app although daylight shots are awesome.

hamka787

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Me too on Lumia 640 takes poor & noisy pictures indoor after the upgrade to W10. The new Windows Camera is over processing and over sharpening the image. I hope MS will fix that soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium