Lumia 830 glance issues

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to explain this but there is a strange issue with the glance screen of my phone.The glance appears very dull whenever I hover my hand 5 to 10 minutes after locking the phone but when I immediately lock the phone glance comes up with the same brightness and visibility that other Lumias like the 620 & 1320 gave(both have IPS LCD screens) and its the same for the first few minutes.I've been experiencing this problem from the first day of usage and ignored it as there is an article saying that its an automated low power mode of glance just to conserve battery.But for me its a little inconvenient as glance appears really dull.I thought it would be sorted out after the official windows 10 mobile update but it didn't.So,anybody experiencing the same issues here? Or Will an hard reset solve this issue?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how to explain this but there is a strange issue with the glance screen of my phone.The glance appears very dull whenever I hover my hand 5 to 10 minutes after locking the phone but when I immediately lock the phone glance comes up with the same brightness and visibility that other Lumias like the 620 & 1320 gave(both have IPS LCD screens) and its the same for the first few minutes.I've been experiencing this problem from the first day of usage and ignored it as there is an article saying that its an automated low power mode of glance just to conserve battery.But for me its a little inconvenient as glance appears really dull.I thought it would be sorted out after the official windows 10 mobile update but it didn't.So,anybody experiencing the same issues here? Or Will an hard reset solve this issue?

glance screen has had many bug fixes over the period of windows 10 development and more fixes are still in works. this seems to be a bug as well .kindly wait for future updates to fix this :)

*I SUGGEST : perform a hard reset every time after upgrading :)

Davis P B

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
The glance screen is supposed to be dull. And also the brightness would vary depending on the ambient light. That is why perhaps it becomes dull when you hover your hand over it. If it were bright all the time, it would eat up a lot of battery power!!!

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

I used to own a Lumia 830 and Glance was very buggy. Sometimes it wouldn't work at all and it also suffered this issue you described. Try sending it for MS to fix any proximity sensor malfunction or just wait and hope for an update that fix it.

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Sorry,the problem still persist.What are the chances of Microsoft delivering a firmware update to fix the issue? Since the Windows 10 mobile update was only software OS update.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry,the problem still persist.What are the chances of Microsoft delivering a firmware update to fix the issue? Since the Windows 10 mobile update was only software OS update.

Honestly, in my experience, this is one of the issues that MS hasn't bothered to address/fix yet (i'm looking at you, 930's purple hue and microphone defects), so i say you contact them using Windows Feedback but don't hold your breath for a fix soon...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05