Looking to buy new Lumia 950 - how is battery life?

Nobby Stiles

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm new here, I'm interested in getting a Lumia as my phone contract is due to end, probably will buy on EE (in UK). Is the battery life issue largely over? I'm not sure I want to get advance updates on firmware and would rather be able to rely on it "out of the box" if possible. I'm happy to wait for a month or two more. Also - does it crash much still? What is the general feeling?

silentghost1979

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Battery can last all day on medium to light use easily for me and as for the app crashes I don't think I have one in a while since updates to firmware and OS lately. Using mine on normal updates system not insider and runs like a dream, you will love the phone

Nobby Stiles

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Fantastic, I only commute to work sparingly these days but need something that can survive a couple of hours with nothing to do on the train when I do. I had a Dell Venue Pro years ago and always been a fan of the design and the tiles, also want a Lumia camera!

DBOP

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I can easily end the day with 50% charge left. Typical day includes: Outlook push email, gmail fetch, live tiles for stock market and weather, several calls and texts, web browsing and occasional social media checks. For me, the biggest drains are navigation and listening to music and I try to limit those if I need the battery.

Rusty James

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I stream music all the time. On my 920 I could do 3 hours. On my 950 I have been doing 6-7 hours and still have 40% battery left. I am very happy with 950 battery life. Amazed actually.

Miguel Agrela

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
what build are you using? My lumia with light use can reach 13h with Wifi.
I'm looking for at least 15h of medium use, with social apps, messages, browsing and documents viewer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99