Goodmorning,
    yesterday I installed W10M with Insider Preview Build program on my Lumia WP8.1 Denim (no brand). After that I ran a hw reset also and ran the automatic upgrade of all the apps.

Now my system is:
    Build SO: 10.0.10586.164
    FW: 3051.50009.1451.1009 (the upgrade didn't change this value)
    HW revision: 6.5.0.4 (the upgrade didn't change this value)

I find these issues on my system until now:
    1) MS Photocamere app (version 2016.128.111.0) only records video with mono audio (before on 8.1 it records in stereo mode). My friends, on his 830 with the same version of MS Photocamera and OS, doesn't have this issue.
    2) MS Photocameta app (version 2016.128.111.0) doesn't have the option to enable/disable optical stabilizer. My friends, on his 830 with the same version of MS Photocamera and OS, has this option.
    3) I installed a wifi analyzer but more often it can not find the wifi network device and crash (I also try with other similar apps with the same result)
    4) After the hw reset I have lost my favourites on edge and I don't know I can retrieve them
    5) After the hw reset I didn't find Glace screen and Touch in the configuration option menu --> I fixed it with manual installation of them (with the apps in ms store)

Please, about the first four issues, can you give me a feedback.
    Thanks
    Last edited by supershi80; 03-23-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    03-23-2016 04:25 AM
    Goodmorning,
    yesterday I installed W10M with Insider Preview Build program on my Lumia WP8.1 Denim (no brand). After that I ran a hw reset also and ran the automatic upgrade of all the apps.

Now my system is:

1) MS Photocamere app (version 2016.128.111.0) only records video with mono audio (before on 8.1 it records in stereo mode). My friends, on his 830 with the same version of MS Photocamera and OS, doesn't have this issue.
    2) MS Photocameta app (version 2016.128.111.0) doesn't have the option to enable/disable optical stabilizer. My friends, on his 830 with the same version of MS Photocamera and OS, has this option.
    3) I installed a wifi analyzer but more often it can not find the wifi network device and crash (I also try with other similar apps with the same result)
    4) After the hw reset I have lost my favourites on edge and I don't know I can retrieve them
    5) After the hw reset I didn't find Glace screen and Touch in the configuration option menu --> I fixed it with manual installation of them (with the apps in ms store)

Thanks
    an FYI or if you probably know the fact that microsoft had made it clear that the x20 series wont be supported for win 10 , this means no bug fixes , no app support which in your case sits very nicely .

either wait for future builds or rollback to 8.1 :)
    03-23-2016 04:42 AM
    an FYI or if you probably know the fact that microsoft had made it clear that the x20 series wont be supported for win 10 , this means no bug fixes , no app support which in your case sits very nicely .

either wait for future builds or rollback to 8.1 :)
    Do you have a 920 with the same issues ?
    Thanks
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-23-2016 04:58 AM
    Do you have a 920 with the same issues ?
    Thanks
    no i don't but i am aware of whats going around about these devices :)
    03-23-2016 05:16 AM
    My 920 didn't have those issues I think back in the day, but eh, it had a different set of problems.

1) The 920 always recorded mono audio, I'm pretty sure I remember not being very happy that the 920 only recorded mono video on 8.1, I believe the 830 did fix that hardware-wise.

2) I think you're thinking of the digital stabilization option when recording video, which doesn't involve the OIS system on either phone at all.

3) Got nothing for you here.

4) They might be gone - I don't know if Edge syncs yet.

5) Sounds about normal.
    03-24-2016 12:50 AM
    My 920 didn't have those issues I think back in the day, but eh, it had a different set of problems.

1) The 920 always recorded mono audio, I'm pretty sure I remember not being very happy that the 920 only recorded mono video on 8.1, I believe the 830 did fix that hardware-wise.

2) I think you're thinking of the digital stabilization option when recording video, which doesn't involve the OIS system on either phone at all.

3) Got nothing for you here.

4) They might be gone - I don't know if Edge syncs yet.

5) Sounds about normal.
    Thanks for the feedback:

about point (1) I confirm that my 920 with 8.1 Denim can record videos (with Lumia Camera) in stereo mode and now with the default Camera app can't (instead 830 of my friend can do it)

about point (2) why do you say that the recording video doesn't involve the OIS system ? (the IOS system it exactly created for stabilize recording video and also when shoot photos, infact on 830 is possible to enable/disable it for video recording in default camera app)
    03-24-2016 04:52 AM
    Thanks for the feedback:

about point (1) I confirm that my 920 with 8.1 Denim can record videos (with Lumia Camera) in stereo mode and now with the default Camera app can't (instead 830 of my friend can do it)

about point (2) why do you say that the recording video doesn't involve the OIS system ? (the IOS system it exactly created for stabilize recording video and also when shoot photos, infact on 830 is possible to enable/disable it for video recording in default camera app)
    I meant the Digital Stabilization option was a separate toggle from the physical OIS system which doesn't go off ever I believe.
    03-24-2016 11:56 AM
    Today my phone updated the Fotocamere app from 2016.128.111.0 to 2016.128.141.0, unfortunately the mono audio in the video recording didn't disappear :-(
    03-25-2016 05:34 AM
    I find other two issue:
    6) Edge browser is a s....t
    7) Microsoft Camera sometime doens't record audio in the videos

At the end yesterday I bought a Nexus 5x and I'm happy. For now bye bye W10M !!!!
    Last edited by supershi80; 03-31-2016 at 08:49 AM.
    03-29-2016 07:51 AM
    Bluetooth is horrible after upgrading to W10M. It worked flawlessly before, but now when I get a text message, it asks me if I want it to read it or ignore it, I get the audio cue to speak, and when I say "Read it", it just sits there and does nothing for over a minute and eventually hangs up. Also, when it does this, I can't hang up manually by pressing "end call" in my truck, it's stuck and I have to either wait, or disconnect the BT... frustrating!
    04-04-2016 10:00 AM
    I just tested my 920 and video is fine. Both channels record. Just the jello effect but that's normal for the 920.

I'll give the Bluetooth a shot tonight.
    04-04-2016 02:25 PM
    I just tested my 920 and video is fine. Both channels record. Just the jello effect but that's normal for the 920.
    If you use the official file manger of W10M, can you select the video file and see in the properties option what info do you have about the audio info (single channel or two channel) ?
    What OS version do you have ? And Microsoft Camera version?
    What hw revision do you have ?

Thanks
    Alessandro
    04-05-2016 05:31 AM
    Aleesandro, it shows

CHANNELS: 1 (MONO)

Which I would think is normal because I believe there is only 1 microphone and I doubt it's stereo. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. But being an audio guy (Cubase, Gigastudio, Finale) I'm guessing any audio recording is mono. However, when I play it back on my PC it comes back in stereo (both channels). I used headphone to make sure.

Do you know if these phones have stereo mics or if there are 2 mono mics for the left and right channels?
    04-05-2016 08:18 AM
    Aleesandro, it shows

CHANNELS: 1 (MONO)

Which I would think is normal because I believe there is only 1 microphone and I doubt it's stereo. Perhaps I'm wrong about that. But being an audio guy (Cubase, Gigastudio, Finale) I'm guessing any audio recording is mono. However, when I play it back on my PC it comes back in stereo (both channels). I used headphone to make sure.

Do you know if these phones have stereo mics or if there are 2 mono mics for the left and right channels?
    No, is not normal.
    All my videos of my 920 with WP8.1 was recorded in stereo (and in the properties appear 2 channel)
    Now all my videos recorded with W10M are in mono (and in the properties appear 1 channel)

(I also try to get the info with an application for Windows desktop and also here the result is the same than is confirmed that 920 with W10M create video with mono audio)

The 920 has 3 mic.

Note: this issue appears also in an old build on the 930 but for it has been solve with a newer build.

W10M on 920 have more issues and MS is not interested to fix them (this is the reason because MS didn't release the official upgrade for x2x series (excluded 1520))

ATTENTION: with W10M on 920 sometime the recorded video will not have audio (and for this bug I bought a Nexus 5X)
    Last edited by supershi80; 04-05-2016 at 09:22 AM.
    04-05-2016 09:07 AM
    Thanks for that info. Oddly enough, the channel plays back on two channels? What if it's actually recording stereo but the bug is simply that it reports mono. I say that because when headphones, played directly from the phone, both ears have audio playback. I then copied the video to my pc and the same result. Of course, it could just be that it's recording mono onto 2 channels - the same exact thing. I'd have to do a stereo test recording to check that.
    04-05-2016 10:02 AM
    It's normal that a mono audio track will be played on both speakers of a headphone (because the single audio channel is played on both speaker at the same time)
    In a stereo audio track the first channel is played on one speaker and the second channel on the other speaker.

Is not normal that 920 with WP8.1 could create stereo audio track and now with W10M only in mono.
    04-05-2016 10:57 AM
    Thanks again Supershi, I'm learning something new all the time. I've never known exactly how some of these phones operate but it makes sense as you describe. Since they're "smart" phones or little computers, they should be able to do just as you describe. I would imagine if mono played back on one channel some people could be very irritated by that. Why not program the audio to playback mono on both channels.

Anyways, my concluding thoughts are that it won't be fixed. MS seems to be set that the 92X series will not be receiving supported W10 updates. Am I wrong about that?
    04-05-2016 09:39 PM
    Goodmorning,

Now my system is:

Thanks
    1. Would never find a solution for it if you are lucky soft resetting would help.
    2. Must include a hardware feature that 920 doesnt have.
    3. dunno about that
    4. Not possible to retieve i think
    5. Use sys app pusher , find the app, open it in store. There will be an open app option instead of install.
    04-05-2016 10:58 PM
    Anyways, my concluding thoughts are that it won't be fixed. MS seems to be set that the 92X series will not be receiving supported W10 updates. Am I wrong about that?
    You are right and this is not a good thing :-|
    04-06-2016 10:42 AM
    So I bought a 650 to place my 920. Comes with W10M and works perfectly, including the bluetooth problems I mentioned before. The 920 is just not designed to work well with W10M I guess, or vice versa I should say.
    04-08-2016 10:14 AM
    Well my wifes 920 doesn't like Windows 10 while mine seems just fine. For some reason her cell antenna seems to drop far too much. It won't even set up the voice mail, says it can't detect a cell signal. Well back to 8.1 for her phone, which is too bad because we can't get the "Download MMS while data is off" on our 920's so if we get a MMS in 8.1 then we have to turn on the cell data to get the mms. With W10 it just downloads automatically even while data is turned off.
    04-14-2016 12:12 PM