Email not synchronizing on Blue Win LTE phone W10M, what can I do?

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Email not synchronizing on Blue Win LTE phone w10m

My daughter just upgraded her phone to w10m using the windows upgrade app, and now her contacts won't download, here outlook account can not be added to the mail app, even when the message says it was added successfully ...

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Email not synchronizing on Blue Win LTE phone w10m

My daughter just upgraded her phone to w10m using the windows upgrade app, and now her contacts won't download, here outlook account can not be added to the mail app, even when the message says it was added successfully ...

its recommended to hard reset your device once upgrading to win 10 . such issues will be resolved after that.

update all the apps in store . you should be good to go then :)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

its recommended to hard reset your device once upgrading to win 10 . such issues will be resolved after that.

update all the apps in store . you should be good to go then :)

Is this your standard answer across all forum posts? I mean, same response to my issue with Outlook...why not provide useful troubleshooting tips (if you know them) instead of boilerplate answers? Do you even have WM 10 on your phone?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried going into settings -> Accounts -> Your email and accounts -> tap on Gmail -> 'Manage'

I had to use the 'Change mailbox sync settings' and turn on email, calendar, contacts after my upgrade to get things working again. Give that a try.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Is this your standard answer across all forum posts? I mean, same response to my issue with Outlook...why not provide useful troubleshooting tips (if you know them) instead of boilerplate answers? Do you even have WM 10 on your phone?

you are funny :)

how i am trying to help is to crush any unlikely bug that could have caused this issue. :) give your answers what you think may work, but as a win 10 preview user since the first build of win 10 i believe what may work from my experience. :)

stop criticizing and try to be of some help :)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

you are funny :)

how i am trying to help is to crush any unlikely bug that could have caused this issue. :) give your answers what you think may work, but as a win 10 preview user since the first build of win 10 i believe what may work from my experience. :)

stop criticizing and try to be of some help :)

You'll notice I provided actual help in my post...not some boilerplate 'spend 4 hours with hard reset and reinstall everything', but hey...you do you.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I have no problems linking to Gmail, Outlook is the problem

I can confirm that I don't have an option to sync Outlook contacts within the Settings or in the People app. I can add it, says its successful, but never actually grabs anything.

AlainF2016

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

mmar1974,
I did my update of my BLU HD LTE to W10M with the same result as you for my outlook account. Tried soft reboot, didn't work. Did a Hard reset and it solve my problem. Now I have my Outlook and Gmail account. Backup the phone to your Onedrive account with your Outlook account. After you Hardreset, it will restore most of your apps and information. The only impact for me, was the lost of two apps, TuneIn and Full TV that are not yet available for Windows 10 mobile.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site

I can confirm that I don't have an option to sync Outlook contacts within the Settings or in the People app. I can add it, says its successful, but never actually grabs anything.

Even in Windows phone 8.1, there is no option to select syncing of contacts and calendar for Outlook. But for Gmail, these options are present. For outlook, these are done by default. you cannot choose.

The hard reset option, though looks like a generic response, do fix many issues while upgrading from 8.1 to 10 as can be seen from the response from AlainF2016 :) . So I think its worth the effort to try once.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I fixed mine by clearing cache and rebooting. Also fixed a couple other issues I was having.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I fixed mine by clearing cache and rebooting. Also fixed a couple other issues I was having.
Interesting...
How do you clear cache? By reboot do you mean turn on and off or a soft reset?
Many thanks

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

mmar1974,
Did a Hard reset and it solve my problem. Now I have my Outlook and Gmail account.

So the hard reset on those phones is the same as on any other?
Turn off
Press Power and Volume Down until vibration
Release Power button and Keep Volume Down pressed
Volume Up
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

I'm asking because I think I tried twice and didn't work

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Interesting...
How do you clear cache? By reboot do you mean turn on and off or a soft reset?
Many thanks

I just went into 'Storage Usage' and tapped on Temporary Files...(cache) and then cleared (deleted) everything out...then did a soft reset. That fixed some issues.

However, and I'll eat crow...comparing my wife's Blu phone to mine, she has things different in a few key apps, and much less space taken up by the System & reserved area than mine.

The difference was that for the sake of comparison, I upgraded mine, with no hard reset & reinstall, her's I upgraded last night and then hard reset her's and reinstalled everything. On mine, I have 4.85GB of System & Reserved space used...she has 3.00GB. Her messaging app looks different and is generally more responsive and less 'buggy'. For example, on mine, about 1/3 of the time, if I used Messaging to take a picture and attach it in a message, it would cause my phone to crash and reboot.

The temporary file clear did fix my 'no attachment' option in Outlook, but I'm not getting outlook.com emails still. So, I bit the bullet this morning and did a hard reset and restored the backup that I took just prior to it. I can say my phone is running much better, with my storage down to the 3.00GB used for System.

Looks like the boilerplate response is correct in this case, after the upgrade, hard reset and reinstall gives the phone the solid foundation in needs as there are still bugs (leftover 8.1 artifacts) in the upgrade process.

Hope that helps.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

So the hard reset on those phones is the same as on any other?
Turn off
Press Power and Volume Down until vibration
Release Power button and Keep Volume Down pressed
Volume Up
Volume Down
Power
Volume down

I'm asking because I think I tried twice and didn't work

I just did it via the settings menu...'reset your phone'. Its in the About section, scroll down to the bottom.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

However, and I'll eat crow...comparing my wife's Blu phone to mine, she has things different in a few key apps, and much less space taken up by the System & reserved area than mine.

So, I bit the bullet this morning and did a hard reset and restored the backup that I took just prior to it. I can say my phone is running much better, with my storage down to the 3.00GB used for System.

Looks like the boilerplate response is correct in this case, after the upgrade, hard reset and reinstall gives the phone the solid foundation in needs as there are still bugs (leftover 8.1 artifacts) in the upgrade process.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I too have updated my BLU Win HD LTE to WM10, without a hard reset. Initial battery use was very high during the first day but improved subsequently (yet not as good as with 8.1). The one bug a have really noticed is not being to reliably delete email messages using Outlook, synced with my work's exchange account; Sometimes I can delete emails, sometimes not. The phone also hung once. You email is encouraging me to contemplate the hard reset option. System is currently using 3.67 GB.

Last edited:

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

alright then... I'll give this a try... I thought this would take the phone back to 8.1

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

alright then... I'll give this a try... I thought this would take the phone back to 8.1

Nope, can't get back to 8.1 unless you reload the 8.1 image from WDRT. Hard reset keeps you at WM10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel