Missing system apps after updating to official win10

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice that after updating a Lumia 640xl to Windows 10, the apps like motion data, glance, call filter, screen and gestures & touch aren't receiving updates and/or becoming available?

Sure, there is a workaround installing them manually though the links on the forums here, but that doesn't really fix the problem. It's like Microsoft forgot to make those apps available and/or pushing them. Hard resets don't help either.

A very annoying issue, as I can not use glance, motion data and the touch screen fix in the gestures and touch app.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
it sometimes took a day for the system apps to populate on mine. make sure the store app is updated to the latest version. With latest builds there was never a problem. I also recommend not doing a restore after a hard reset. It happened to me with older builds that system apps would be there after a hard reset without a restore but would disappear after a hard reset with a restore from backup.

Lalit Singh3

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
i talked to the microsoft answer tech he said there is no availability of hardware to this phone . but earlier it was working fine.

further he said downgrade your phone again then update it again to windows 10 .

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
i talked to the microsoft answer tech he said there is no availability of hardware to this phone . but earlier it was working fine.

further he said downgrade your phone again then update it again to windows 10 .

sorry but that is an uninformed response you got. Yes, a few of us had problems especially with earlier builds, not just on this phone. with latest builds on two 640s and two 640XLs all system apps are installed and work.
downgrading and upgrading again may help, but it's not a guarantee.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I set up my brother's new Lumia 640 on the insider a few weeks ago. The "Equaliser" app would not update successfully and kept giving an error. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I'm in the U.S., so the app is actually listed as "Equalizer" when installed correctly.

I did a hard reset on the phone, and many of those apps were still missing. After leaving the phone alone overnight, the next morning they had been automatically installed. I didn't have any issues when I installed the official update on my Lumia 640 XL and did a hard reset, but after the experience with the 640, I think the issue might have something to do with the nature of these apps being system settings while they are installed as downloaded apps from the Store.

CharlieBoy1894

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
You can find those system setting (glance, motion data, etc.) on the Store itself. Choose the my library on the hamburger menu and then browse your app list. There you can manually download those system settings.

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Still few apps are not available anymore and gives error like
Lumia Beamer (is it not available anymore?)
Gestures & Touch
Rate your Device
Lumia motion data

These 4 were on phone previously and can't installed now. But all others like :
Call & SMS filter, Calls+, Display, Equaliser, Extra &info, Glance screen, Motion data, Network services, Rate us, Touch, these all are now in "Extras" in settings and working fine. I updated them from Downloads and updates in store settings.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Pushed 8.1 again through device recovery tool, updated to Win10 though upgrade advisor. Got a few more apps back, but motion data, call and sms filter were missing this round. It's somewhat random I guess.

Problem though; motion data app itself is unavailable for this device. Also on another Lumia 640xl that does have all the right apps, because it came updated through the older insider previews, gets the same warning about motion data not being available in the store when I visit that apps page. Fortunately it's already installed on that one.

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This is confusing...

On My Library in Windows Store, most of the the apps you mentioned are categorized as not available for this device.

But on Downloads and Updates, it shows as Update Available. So should we install them or not? :(

Also, I uninstalled some default apps such as Health and Fitness, but on Downloads and Updates they show as Update Available. They should be marked as Install not Update since they are not installed --- Confusing, is it not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12