Does anybody has problem like mine with the Lumia 830 Win 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Does anybody has problem like mine with lumia 830 win 10

At first it was rearly, but as time passed my problem started happening every time I use my phone , its like im touching navigation buttons (back home and cortana ) my phone starts to vibrate and it frezees.. Can somebody help me or contact me if you have a solution@ EMAIL REMOVED.
p.s. its as my phone is working on it self as if i touched those buttons for 7,8 times it vibrates and then its frozen

Moderator's Note: Posting email addresses publicly is not ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Does anybody has problem like mine with lumia 830 win 10

At first it was rearly, but as time passed my problem started happening every time I use my phone , its like im touching navigation buttons (back home and cortana ) my phone starts to vibrate and it frezees.. Can somebody help me or contact me if you have a solution@ REDACTED
p.s. its as my phone is working on it self as if i touched those buttons for 7,8 times it vibrates and then its frozen

might be a bug related to win 10 .

this is the first post i have seen relating to this issue :)

i suggest you yo hard reset and update all the apps under store this might fix your issue :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

At first it was rearly, but as time passed my problem started happening every time I use my phone , its like im touching navigation buttons (back home and cortana ) my phone starts to vibrate and it frezees.. Can somebody help me or contact me if you have a solution@ EMAIL REMOVED.

Moderator's Note: Posting email addresses publicly is not ideal.

It happened with my 830 once. I don?t know why but it never happens again!

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This happened frequently in 8.1 on my 830 when I had the vibration of navigation buttons to 'on'

I just upgraded W10 preview (slow ring) yesterday, and the problem has returned. It happens even with the vibration off. I suspect it is a bug in the OS, because I also upgraded the firmware before this latest version of W10 preview, too; so I have the latest firmware.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
In few days I will be saying bye bye to my Lumia 830. Really started encountering issues of lag from past 3 months specially when whatsapp usage has increased it is not able to coup up with. Also recently upgraded to windows 10 official, look is very good but the phone has become terribly slow many times any app it keep saying resuming or loading. Really the processor and 1GB RAM is not able to handle the things. Many times many places no signal where all your fellow mates keep working on phone peacefully, this is really annoying thing for sure. Finally decided to bid bye to the phone and will buy Redmi note 3 very soon..

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
In few days I will be saying bye bye to my Lumia 830. Really started encountering issues of lag from past 3 months specially when whatsapp usage has increased it is not able to coup up with. Also recently upgraded to windows 10 official, look is very good but the phone has become terribly slow many times any app it keep saying resuming or loading. Really the processor and 1GB RAM is not able to handle the things. Many times many places no signal where all your fellow mates keep working on phone peacefully, this is really annoying thing for sure. Finally decided to bid bye to the phone and will buy Redmi note 3 very soon..

Like others say, back everything up in the cloud/ on your pc and do a hard reset. Don't restore from that back-up, (keep in case of problems), start afresh. I have a L 730, similar processor + 1 gig ram and i thought the same as you after upgrading to W10M. Slow buggy, i was ready to throw in the towel... After a hard reset and starting from scratch (not restoring from back up) i found out that i was wrong, 1gig ram is quite ok. Yes there are still bugs, too many for public release imho, but for me I'm really pleased. It's fast, snappy and a joy to use.. Try this first before you give up.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you dear friend. As you said just minutes after i posted i put my phone under hard reset and the process is going on. I still would like to say something to you about windows phones. Here in India any new useful app comes windows will get it after a year and some times dont. I still say the network connection is not that great and it keeps fluctuating in many places as I travel a lot across the country. When my flight touch down in any city and i try to switch on my phone, mine will be the last phone to get signal probably when reach the terminal. Growing apps and their size I still say 1gig is not going to be sufficient as many apps keep updating all the time and processor snapdragon 4 series is not that great. I did not like the new camera performance I being a photo enthusiast and bought this phone mainly for its camera. Lets see what happens its hard reset

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Good luck. I'm English but I'm living in Vietnam at the moment. Thats why i got a 730, dual sim cards. I bought the phone here but set it up for the uk, got cortana all app updates etc plus have Viet language pack. That way best of both worlds and it's constantly upto date with os and apps. Hope the reset improves your phone, all I can say is mine is working better than it did on 8.1 after the full re-install, apart from the known W10 bugs but that's the same for all the phones.

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Also after reset and the latest camera app update, photos and video are good again. Photography was the reason too that I started with windows phones..☺

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
reset done...all fresh no previous data. All pre loaded apps update is going on now. I will observe the phone for few days and get back here again with my experience. thanks for the advise and 730 and 830 are different my phones my friend:smile:

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I know they're different, it was really about 1 gig of ram being enough for W10M. Cameras et all are different, but I see no reason why the 830 can't perform well unless there is a hardware problem.. Actually that's the reason I haven't gone fore a 950/xl because there seems to be some hardware problems with some phones and no exchanges/ refunds out here if I was unlucky..

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
If you let your Whatsapp chat logs grow indefinitely, it will eventually crash and impact your performance while using the app. I had the same problem; also had the same problem on Blackberry so it's not a 1GB ram/Windows Phone issue.

Basically, any chat program you have the opportunity to clear chat logs; do it periodically. If there's a reason to keep them, back up to OneDrive and delete them from the app after.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I understand and i clean them periodically and doesn't need any back up for sure. But need for android/IOS still there as I bought a new nikon camera d5500 which has a wifi and works only with android/IOS, so that was also one of the reason to thought of changing the phone to redmi note 3 with 32gb. However my 830 is back on track now and pretty fast..

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Glad it's up and running now, cool. Yes it's annoying that there's no Nikon app for WP. There was an 3rd party app in the store for 8.1 that allowed connection, forget the name, maybe it's compatible with W10M. Google it..

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought an Olympus EM-10 about a year ago and was stuck in the same situation with no official app. Sure, there's a pair of 3rd party app, but they're kinda meh. In a pinch, you can probably still get your camera wifi connected to your phone and then simply browse to the camera's built-in web page... Works with my Oly EM-10 : I open a page to 192.168.0.10 and can browse/download any picture. Don't know if the Nikon works the same way, but if it works it's better than nothing.

gurrala74

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought an Olympus EM-10 about a year ago and was stuck in the same situation with no official app. Sure, there's a pair of 3rd party app, but they're kinda meh. In a pinch, you can probably still get your camera wifi connected to your phone and then simply browse to the camera's built-in web page... Works with my Oly EM-10 : I open a page to 192.168.0.10 and can browse/download any picture. Don't know if the Nikon works the same way, but if it works it's better than nothing.

thanks friend, will try this once the camera is my hands as its bought from Aussies and will reach me in India by this month end. As I know there is no nikon app in windows phone, but lets see will camera wifi detects the phone or not.

BTW I had short listed EM10 and D5500 and finally selected D5500 due to olympus lense cost in India, otherwise was verymuch keen buying that beautiful M43 cam

Last edited:

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

The EM-10 is great fun, but the focusing is not very fast, not great for kids or sports; you would need the Em-1 or 5 for that. I got a vintage manual 50mm Oly lens + adapter on eBay fairly cheap too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte