Lumia 950 battery improvement

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've had my 950 for three weeks after upgrading from my 925. I find the battery life too be ok, but I'm surprised its not better given the specs of the phone.
Is it not what it should be due to the OS? If so, do you think it will get better as the OS is refined? 8.1 seemed very efficient.
Love to hear others Windows 10 Mobile users thoughts.

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Believe it or not, it's much improved over what it was when the phone first came out. Mine seems to have taken a step backward on the most recent fast ring OS/firmware, but it's usable.

Good news is the phone, slowly but surely, is getting better and better.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is pretty good. I lose 5% over night and it is alot better now using applications. The only thing that really drains thing bad is the camera.

The battery is at least twice as good as when I got the phone in Nov. I'm on the fast ring and ATT finally pushed out up to date firmware last week.

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah 5% is great. I would say mine would be 15-20%.
Overall I think the battery life is not terrible, just average. I just expected a little better based on the phone specs. Hopefully with the OS getting more refined it continues to improve.
I should also note that I am not an insider and my phone is fully upto date with the latest released software.
Do you guys have any good good to help improve battery life?

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Doing a full wipe today because of battery life. Compared to an iPhone 6 which easily lasts all day with heavy use (tested one the last week), I am only getting about 4-5 hours of heavy use with this phone. Really thought it would be better and WANT it to do better because I've been a long time windows phone guy - and love the OS. I mean, I guess I could turn off all background mail syncing and other features but I'd really like to not have to do that. I'm on the official latest build (not fast redstone). I do use Bluetooth for my msft band and am connected to wifi most of the day. Just amazing to me the amount of battery drop. Have turned off NFC. Any other huge battery drains that would help? Maybe it's just me.

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Doing a full wipe today because of battery life. Compared to an iPhone 6 which easily lasts all day with heavy use (tested one the last week), I am only getting about 4-5 hours of heavy use with this phone. Really thought it would be better and WANT it to do better because I've been a long time windows phone guy - and love the OS. I mean, I guess I could turn off all background mail syncing and other features but I'd really like to not have to do that. I'm on the official latest build (not fast redstone). I do use Bluetooth for my msft band and am connected to wifi most of the day. Just amazing to me the amount of battery drop. Have turned off NFC. Any other huge battery drains that would help? Maybe it's just me.
No my experience is somewhat similar, which is why i started the thread. I really hope they can refine the OS to improve battery life. If it wasn't for the quick charge feature, it wouldn't be a useable device.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I really hope they can refine the OS to improve battery life

I'm not sure it's all down to the OS.

I've a 640XL, 930 & 950XL all on the same build of WM10 (.164).

The 930 battery life isn't that great, but then again it wasn't on WP8.1
The 950XL isn't too cracky either, I was disappointed with it's battery.
The 640XL has amazing battery life, but it's a lot slower that the other two.

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure it's all down to the OS.

I've a 640XL, 930 & 950XL all on the same build of WM10 (.164).

The 930 battery life isn't that great, but then again it wasn't on WP8.1
The 950XL isn't too cracky either, I was disappointed with it's battery.
The 640XL has amazing battery life, but it's a lot slower that the other two.

So perhaps the larger screen? Still, it doesn't explain the standby drain though.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
There was an article about changing mail sync from based on usage to say every 15 minutes. It makes a big difference in battery life. Also use battery saver app to see what background apps are burning battery.

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
There was an article about changing mail sync from based on usage to say every 15 minutes. It makes a big difference in battery life. Also use battery saver app to see what background apps are burning battery.
Thank you for the sync suggestion, I've made the change so I'll see how it goes 😊

Demon85

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
The syncing seems to have made a slight difference.

I find it interesting that the Sony Xperia Z5 has a 3,100mah battery compared with the Lumia 950's 3,000mah. Not much difference in size, i believe they have the same size screen, but the Z5 will last for 1-2 days and the Lumia wont last 1.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950's battery performance has drastically deteriorated in recent days. I am currently on build 10586.164 and the battery performance was the best in the preceding build. I had to charge once in 20-24 hours but now I have to charge twice a day and it still barely makes it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12