Bluetooth Audio Skips

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using bluetooth headphones and am getting the occasional skipping or cutting out. Is this a common issue with the 950, or could it be my headphones? Also I am using a band2, but turning it into aeroplane mode didnt seem to help.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you use the insider preview, but I noticed after updating to the most recent one my bluetooth jaybird headsets skip more than regular especially if I try to multitask, but if I stick to one app it seems to be ok

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This issue is common regardless of the phone I have had this on the Note 5, Nexus 6p, LG G4, iPhone 6 Plus, and of course the Lumia 950 XL. I think this is more of Bluetooth vs phone.

vonchowder

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen in the car occasionally. Turning off wifi seemed to fix it. I think there was a weak wifi signal the phone was busy trying to connect... I dont know.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It is a poor BT connection. Skips, dropouts and music speeding up to recover.
If my phone is in my front pants pocket, and the receiver is on my head, then the 2 are not in the correct "plane".
Side to side seems better than up and down.
There could be other interference due to radio or electromagnetic waves, as well as processor intensive background tasks or cellular connection dropout.
For constant blipping skips, restart your devices.

Working through all the factors to improve the situation my take some trail and error.
It is not your "device" alone.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to be bad when I'm in certain locations. Could it be affected by wifi networks, even if I have wifi off? Bluetooth operates over 2.4ghz just like wifi right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234