Why is there no option to favorite photos on my 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had windows 10 on my 1520 and was able to favorite photos so they would show up on the live tile. I just upgraded to a 950, and there is no option to do this. There isn't even an option in the settings to display favorites? wth!

Arizona Daz

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've today purchased a Lumia 950, and have the same issue with not being able to add a picture to favourites, even one I've taken with this phone.

I know you have to highlight the 'heart' but the heart isn't even showing up!!!

Is this fixable?

Regards

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure the photo is on your phone, not on OneDrive? OneDrive-only photos won't show the heart sign to tap on. Also, check the feedback app to see if this is a widespread bug.

Arizona Daz

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi TK2011,

Yeah, the photo is only on my phone; I've not turned on the automatic upload to OneDrive.

The only options coming up are recents or one photo.

Will monitor the situation and put up with it I guess until some genius comes up with the answer!!!

Thanks!

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi TK2011,

Yeah, the photo is only on my phone; I've not turned on the automatic upload to OneDrive.

The only options coming up are recents or one photo.

Will monitor the situation and put up with it I guess until some genius comes up with the answer!!!

Thanks!

Just click on the pic and u will get option of share,favourite, edit and delete...in the bottom

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Arizona Daz

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, all I get when I click on a photo is share, edit and delete, nothing more. Is anyone else getting this? I've just taken another photo, saved to my 950 but still only,getting share edit delete......

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello.
I also didn't have the heart icon in the photos. But after reading this thread, I went to the photos app's settings, and in the live tile options I did have the option to display favorites in the tile. After enabling that option, the heart icon appeared in the pictures and now I can favorite them.

Additional info: To get to that setting, you have to be on the screen where you can select photos (i.e. not in an individual photo) and there you get the Tile settings with "Choose what to show on the Photos tile.", options are "Favorites, "Recent photos", and "A single photo".

Good luck.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmm,
what about updates, have you updated your Windows 10 mobile and the firmware?
I got my phone a few days ago and I had a Windows update and also a firmware update pending, also check for updates for the apps in the store.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Yes, done all the updates and still the same. Be interesting if someone can solve this conundrum.....miss the old 'rotating' photos........

Upload a screen shot..here is mine..u can see the heart . 221.jpg

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Arizona Daz

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've tried to upload a photo (still have the 'Missing Heart' mystery) but I can't!?!? I've plugged my 950 into my Mac, but it doesn't recognise it, either in the photos app or via bluetooth. Any suggestions?

Surely I can't be the ONLY person with this 'bug'?!?!?!?!

bemused.com.......

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed that when taking a picture and opening the picture from the thumbnail that appears in the top left corner of the camera app after taking it, I don't get the heart icon. But when I got to the photos app and open a picture from there, it does appear. Based on what you have said, it sounds like this is not your problem, but I'm sharing this info just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos