Did 730 get a firmware update?

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I had also a lot of problems with w10, but after the WDRT procedure and the double w10 upgrade, I am now at 164 and almost happy, everything runs smoothly except:
I have an irritating problem with the offline maps which I can't download, I keep receiving the message "something gone wrong and we cannot access your offline maps try again later" any idea on this?

Mike Jain

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Delete the 'maps' folder on the SD card using a laptop (it is a hidden folder). Put it back and this time you'll be able to select phone memory for storing offline maps, w/o the error showing up. Had the same issue on my phone 3 days back. You can switch to using the SD card again if you like, once the error is fixed.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Mike! The trick was -as you said- to remove the SD card from the phone and insert it to my surface in order to delete the mapdata folder (which is invisible through phone usb connection no matter of the file view settings).
Thanks again!

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
After upgrade some major issues (unable to load start screen, phone dialer, tiled screen flickering, apps failing to load) are fixed. At least so far I haven't faced them.

However screen saturation, file explorer problems are still there. Plus, now I can't download keyboard and speech data & some live tiles aren't updating. And white corners while rotating screen. I don't know if anyone has that.

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has that.

Nope, nothing, something gone wrong in your case.

(Correction: I have the ''white corners'' when rotating, but I think this is intentional, not a bug).

About the rest of your problems: normally after upgrade you have to receive (a lot of) updates for your apps like phone, store etc.
I would suggest to wait for these updates before proceed to anything else.

Last edited:

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Which build are you currently on?

Hard reset + I've updated all apps. Problems are still there.

Edit: Regarding that saturation problem. Before firmware update I had to reset it back manually to my desired settings whenever it changed itself. After firmware update saturation still changes itself but goes back to my desired settings once I lock-unlock screen.

Last edited:

Mayukh22

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
You're not alone in this brother. I have the same issues. They are software issues. However rarely noticed because they are triggered by very specific actions! And also rarely!
Originally posted by TranquilKnight
Originally Posted by abhishek singh21
why whats wrong? my seems to be working great, :)

i suggest you to go through that firmware update and then check out the performance on win 10 :)

Problems almost everywhere.
- Start screen fails to load sometimes.
- Sudden change to maximum/minimum saturation and tint after locking screen (happens once every 8-10 times)
- Number pad in Phone app is usually gets stuck between screen. Link:
Y7s2vVs.png

- Tiled screen flickering (?!) Don't know what to call this:
PFiG0hK.jpg

- File Explorer crashing after every single operation, including after opening files.
- Apps fail to load. 3rd party apps rarely fail but Microsoft apps fail more frequently. Especially Weather, News, Sports & Messaging.
- App list transparency (My friend also has this problem so I guess it's universal problem)

Except last issue my friend doesn't not have any of those.

Yeah, I will try it once April starts. FUP sucks. I'm not downloading it because of slow internet and power cuts. 1.7 GB in 1 go is impossible :p And then once again...updating to 10 :'(

Mayukh22

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I suggest you tweet the saturation issue to @northfacehiker with picture if possible. And the tiles screen flickering too. The issues have reduced, but is still there. Faced it today. Firmware, OS, apps everything updated to latest.
Originally posted by TranquilKnight
Originally Posted by ven07
Which build are you currently on?

Originally Posted by vgian

Hard reset + I've updated all apps. Problems are still there.

Edit: Regarding that saturation problem. Before firmware update I had to reset it back manually to my desired settings whenever it changed itself. After firmware update saturation still changes itself but goes back to my desired settings once I lock-unlock screen.

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you tweet the saturation issue to @northfacehiker with picture if possible.

The thing with saturation is that, whenever I take a screenshot it comes out normal. Sometimes screen suddenly gets ultra dark or ultra light. At that time I take screenshot but when I see screenshot, it shows everything as my preferred settings.

I will try to record my phone's screen with other phones and upload it.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The thing with saturation is that, whenever I take a screenshot it comes out normal. Sometimes screen suddenly gets ultra dark or ultra light. At that time I take screenshot but when I see screenshot, it shows everything as my preferred settings.

Same here on my L730. It's a auto brightness bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss