Did 730 get a firmware update?

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Did 730 Dual SIM get a firmware update?
Firmware on my 730 is: 02040.00021.15063.02004.
When I connected my phone to PC, Windows Recovery Tool showed me an update: 02040.00021.15235.53005.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
OS version is much older

older because that's the latest available OS build on server-it has not been updated yet as to give unsatisfied users who upgraded to win 10 a chance to rollback to 8.1, and if you flash your device with this rom, you will be required to redo the whole upgrade process again to win 10 .164, but with latest firmware on your device :)

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
older because that's the latest available OS build on server-it has not been updated yet as to give unsatisfied users who upgraded to win 10 a chance to rollback to 8.1, and if you flash your device with this rom, you will be required to redo the whole upgrade process again to win 10 .164, but with latest firmware on your device :)

Meh, I guess I will pass on this firmware update. My 730 is super buggy with Windows 10 :/

Anyway thanks :)

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
why whats wrong? my seems to be working great, :)

i suggest you to go through that firmware update and then check out the performance on win 10 :)

Problems almost everywhere.
- Start screen fails to load sometimes.
- Sudden change to maximum/minimum saturation and tint after locking screen (happens once every 8-10 times)
- Number pad in Phone app is usually gets stuck between screen. Link: http://i.imgur.com/Y7s2vVs.png
- Tiled screen flickering (?!) Don't know what to call this: http://i.imgur.com/PFiG0hK.jpg
- File Explorer crashing after every single operation, including after opening files.
- Apps fail to load. 3rd party apps rarely fail but Microsoft apps fail more frequently. Especially Weather, News, Sports & Messaging.
- App list transparency (My friend also has this problem so I guess it's universal problem)

Except last issue my friend doesn't not have any of those.

Yeah, I will try it once April starts. FUP sucks. I'm not downloading it because of slow internet and power cuts. 1.7 GB in 1 go is impossible :p And then once again...updating to 10 :'(

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Problems almost everywhere.
- Start screen fails to load sometimes.
- Sudden change to maximum/minimum saturation and tint after locking screen (happens once every 8-10 times)
- Number pad in Phone app is usually gets stuck between screen. Link: http://i.imgur.com/Y7s2vVs.png
- Tiled screen flickering (?!) Don't know what to call this: http://i.imgur.com/PFiG0hK.jpg
- File Explorer crashing after every single operation, including after opening files.
- Apps fail to load. 3rd party apps rarely fail but Microsoft apps fail more frequently. Especially Weather, News, Sports & Messaging.
- App list transparency (My friend also has this problem so I guess it's universal problem)

Except last issue my friend doesn't not have any of those.

Yeah, I will try it once April starts. FUP sucks. I'm not downloading it because of slow internet and power cuts. 1.7 GB in 1 go is impossible :p And then once again...updating to 10 :'(

these are grave issues, i haven't seen any of it on my 730 so far.

are you on build .164 ?

have you done a hard reset and updated all apps after the upgrade ?

i would strongly recommend you to download the firmware update and flash your device with it, that missing firmware/update should not be given a blind eye :)

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
have you done a hard reset and updated all apps after the upgrade ?

Lol. Once before upgrade. Twice after upgrade and started from clean state.
And yes I'm on .164.

I'm going to flash it manually & then upgrade it to .164. Today I tried WDRT and power cut stopped it. So manual flashing is only option left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo