Why can't I update my Lumia 640 sim free to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why cant I update my Lumia 640 sim free to Windows 10

This is really funny, the Upgrade Advisor says they are working with my network provider and phone manufacturer to make the Windows 10 update available.

Well I am guessing BT Mobile is agnostic to the update. The really funny bit is Microsoft are the phone manufacturer but they haven't made it available yet. Pretty frustrating!

When can I upgrade?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why cant I update my Lumia 640 sim free to Windows 10

GB CV (Great Britain Country Variant) 640 seems to be having a blind spot for the update at this time...

Please check this forum for some threads about this issue: Microsoft Lumia 640 - Windows Central Forums

Users there will probably shout out any replies to inquiries or updated status.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why cant I update my Lumia 640 sim free to Windows 10

GB CV (Great Britain Country Variant) 640 seems to be having a blind spot for the update at this time...

Please check this forum for some threads about this issue: Microsoft Lumia 640 - Windows Central Forums

Users there will probably shout out any replies to inquiries or updated status.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow is correct, the 640 seems to be a little behind on the update, the country variant for the UK and I understand Australia are still awaiting the update, and looking through some of the other discussions there are those with the insider which appear to have some issues on their phones, so whilst nothing is certain it could be that there are some issues with the final build working correctly on the 640 and they are ironing those out before release, but that is conjecture.

Scottmnz

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all from New Zealand.
I have a Lumia 640lte, my carrier is Vodafone NZ & I still haven't received the update to windows 10.
Pretty frustrated after buying this phone to replace my 920 thinking it could upgrade as stated on the MS website.

Come on MS get your **** together. When's it gonna happen?

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all from New Zealand.
I have a Lumia 640lte, my carrier is Vodafone NZ & I still haven't received the update to windows 10.
Pretty frustrated after buying this phone to replace my 920 thinking it could upgrade as stated on the MS website.

Come on MS get your **** together. When's it gonna happen?

Well I fully understand it is frustrating, seeing and hearing others having gotten upgraded, but hang tight. The country variant UK, and I know some of the carrier branded UK phones were updated only last Friday and on a similar thread the Australia CV L730 (I think) was done at the same time so it is in the process, I am guessing it is perhaps just with Vodafone to approve and pass on, sorry that is no guarantee, but I would say it is on the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6