W10 Mobile Upgrade failed with error 0x8018831a and disappeared on Lumia 640XL LTE no brand?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

W10 Mobile Upgrade failed with error 0x8018831a and disappeared on Lumia 640XL LTE no brand

Hello,
some day ago I was prompted to update my Lumia 640 XL LTE no brand (Windows 8.1 update 2) to Windows 10 by the Upgrade Advisor app, I went to the Updates voices in the Settings menu, downloaded the upgrade and started the process. The upgrade failed with code 0x8018831a after a few minutes. I thought it was something about free available memory, so I removed some app and map but I could not start again the upgrade process.

Then I hard reset the phone to be sure I was in a clean situation, restoring my latest backup once, not restoring anything in another trial, but...
1) relaunching the Upgrade Advisor app I receive the "working whit your operator and manufacturer to provide the upgrade" and I'm not able to upgrade to Win 10 any more
2) some app crashes in strange ways or not works, like Microsoft Translator (v2016.129.1448.0) self-closing just after opening.

I noticed that in the store detail page for the Translator app there's a note stating "download only once on compatible Windows devices": isn't it a Windows 10 store peculiarity?

Any help on understanding what's going on and on how to fix app behaviours or finish the upgrade?

Thanks for any help you could provide,
S.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: W10 Mobile Upgrade failed with error 0x8018831a and disappeared on Lumia 640XL LTE no brand

working whit your operator and manufacturer to provide the upgrade"

if this is where you are stuck i suggest you constantly check for updates using upgrade advisor, many users have reported this and the notification changed on its own out of nowhere. hit and miss method :)
code 0x8018831a

check here :)

How to Fix Error Code 80072efd in Windows Phones: Solved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon