Windows 10 + Lumia 640 Drivers?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 + Lumia 640 Drivers

Good afternoon community!

So here's my problem: I have windows 10 installed up to date (non-insider) and a lumia 640 with windows 10 (official release) and when i connect my phone, it doesn't install drivers. Instead, it stays unrecognized. It works well with W7 and W8.1 but not with W10.. i tried to install and uninstall drivers through device manager, use several usb ports and cables and yet nothing happens. Simply put, no matter what i try, i simply can't get my phone to appear in My Computer so i can put my files in it. I know i can do through other ways but this way is less work for me and easier to keep organized. Hope someone can help me :x

Thanks in advance :)

nnando

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue, however on the phone I have the Windows Insider version of W10 and this was connecting well to a Windows 7 desktop. Now that I updated the desktop to Windows 10 it stopped seeing the phone. Funny thing is that under the "Safely Remove Hardware ..." it shows a Lumia 640 Dual Sim phone. I'm a Microsoft guy and shame they don't test these things specially when its their software and hardware. If anyone has a fix, please post. Thanks.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Uninstall the device from Device Manager, unplug it, and plug it back in. Windows will re-initialize the driver and install it. This is a basic troubleshooting step that usually solves problems like this.

Wan Firas

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 + Lumia 640 Drivers

I don't have the problem. You may need to wait for a while before the phone come up as a device (not a storage). You might miss it at the first glance in the file explorer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6