What happened to the 640, color it GONE

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the black GoPhone and ordered an Orange replacement battery cover. :winktongue:
I have to say that when I got that GoPhone to unlock for my Brother-in-law, I did like that black back cover it had compared to my T-Mobile white one. It made it look quite classy in my hands. Pointless me changing covers though as I already have it enclosed in a nice case anyway :grin:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that when I got that GoPhone to unlock for my Brother-in-law, I did like that black back cover it had compared to my T-Mobile white one. It made it look quite classy in my hands. Pointless me changing covers though as I already have it enclosed in a nice case anyway :grin:

I've really been favoring color on the phone and a clear snap on case for awhile now.

I need to get some pics of the 640 and upload them to cases & accessories thread. It's on my to-do list.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Even sower if you order from the original chinese place. :p But it saves you a good 3 bucks. Off of AliExpress. And in case anyone's interested. They have green, yellow, orange, cyan, white, and black, all in matte to boot too! :O And I really fancy the yellow, guess I'm just a sucker for that. But I already wasted a bunch of moneys on accessories, so I'm gonna wait this one out for bit. At least the Chinese arent going anywhere with their accessories. :p

-- W

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a few matte back covers from AliExpress but still waiting on them. It will still be another few weeks until I get them I think as shipping from China is slow.

The good thing is that the phone itself was so cheap that I don't feel guilty buying so many accessories for it.

Verne57

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have three of the 640s. The original one was a T-Mobile from last summer. It was over $100, but it was the only Windows phone they offered at the time, (I think), and I wanted T-Mobile mainly because of no extra cost for service in Canada. Wasn't more than a few months later that T-Mobile dropped the 640 like a hot potato (they blamed MS, saying MS wouldn't ship them any more. Who knows?)

I purchased two 640s from Walmart for $30, mainly as test devices to tinker with. (I may become that very rare breed of developer that develops for windows phone -- hey! there's no competition!) For $30, why not buy two of these? If I accidentally brick them, so what?

I figure they are just trying to get rid the 640 stock to make way for the 650. I don't expect the 640 to be for sale much longer. That being said, it runs the .164 version of WM10 just fine. It's quite the deal.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you on T-Mobile? I keep running the update app, it say eligible to be upgraded but is working with the provider to make that happen. I'm just curious when that will be.
Mine is an actual T-Mobile phone and Upgrade Advisor merely says "The Windows 10 upgrade isn't available for your phone right now, because T-Mobile still can't find the CD that Microsoft sent them, and it'll probably take another month or two to find it. We're trying to determine if your phone can support Windows 10, even though it's a Lumia 640 and there shouldn't be any question as to whether it can".

*Italics added by me :grin:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Solution for AT&T and T-Mobile 640s: if you want W10, use Insider.

Not if you need WiFi Calling. Until then, I'll pass and just wait but to be fair, I'm not struggling since it's not my daily driver. Regardless, I want to have the official one with WiFi Calling working the way that it should.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On upgrading through INSIDER- Can you choose just the recent release or will it upgrade past that to the newest redstone update?

For most stable use I would recommend the new "Release" ring. That gets you 15086.164. Redstone is on Fast and I guess about to drop to Slow.

Redstone builds should not hit Release until they are sent to OEMs and Carriers for testing/approval.

New Windows 10 Insider ring will let you check out release builds before the public | Windows Central

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa