04-19-2016 10:54 PM
31 12
tools
    You could try dialing ##3282# or *#3282# to open field test mode (only available on certain ROMs) and play with the bands, enable disable certain bands and test your network.
    Clearly not on my ROM. Neither code works.
    03-31-2016 04:48 PM
    From my experience you can still flash the RM-1072 ROM and it will still work, network bands will be retained (new bands won't be unlocked since it's hardware dependent). Despite of it being possible I would still stick with the Mexico ROM since it's unbranded and the only with been the French ROM would be the default setup screen...one would be French other in Spanish.
    I was just going over some your help again. I just ordered the 1073 ATT Go, well 3 in fact that I'll be unlocking. One for my dad in the US for his T-Mo account and two for my wife and I in Paris. So, I misunderstood, I thought actually that you COULDNT flash it with a 1072 ROM because it would cause instability issues. You're saying it might work fine but it won't open up any more bands because obviously that's tied to the hardware. So then I guess the only reason to choose one ROM over another is whether it's likely to get Win10 faster. I know the rollout isn't carrier-specific or even carrier-controlled, but is it possible that non branded CVs are quicker to get it? If that were the case I'd go for any non branded version of 1073 (and maybe for fun try a UK non branded CV if 1072 really isnt a problem). But is that correct, then? That non branded ROMs would be wquicker to get Win10? Or is it nothing to do with that?

Thanks.
    04-01-2016 11:28 AM
    I was just going over some your help again. I just ordered the 1073 ATT Go, well 3 in fact that I'll be unlocking. One for my dad in the US for his T-Mo account and two for my wife and I in Paris. So, I misunderstood, I thought actually that you COULDNT flash it with a 1072 ROM because it would cause instability issues. You're saying it might work fine but it won't open up any more bands because obviously that's tied to the hardware. So then I guess the only reason to choose one ROM over another is whether it's likely to get Win10 faster. I know the rollout isn't carrier-specific or even carrier-controlled, but is it possible that non branded CVs are quicker to get it? If that were the case I'd go for any non branded version of 1073 (and maybe for fun try a UK non branded CV if 1072 really isnt a problem). But is that correct, then? That non branded ROMs would be wquicker to get Win10? Or is it nothing to do with that?

Thanks.
    if you chose a 1072 rom you need to NOT use the update nvi parameter (that was what caused instability)

but... if you are loading tmobile rom on one for your dad.. then make sure you DO include the nvi update (otherwise wifi-calling and band 12 may not work properly)
    04-01-2016 11:39 AM
    if you chose a 1072 rom you need to NOT use the update nvi parameter (that was what caused instability)
    but... if you are loading tmobile rom on one for your dad.. then make sure you DO include the nvi update (otherwise wifi-calling and band 12 may not work properly)
    Ok, I haven't done the flashing process yet, so I don't know what nvi updating is, but I imagine it's something thoroughly explained in the flashing process. Exciting, actually, I flashed my Android phones a few years back left right and center through the Froyo and Gingerbread days. I'm sure I'll be fine.
    04-01-2016 12:01 PM
    Sorry, still not very sure about this... Is choosing a non-branded CV more likely to get me the official Win10 update? Is anybody keeping track of which countries/carriers are getting the update as time passes?
    04-06-2016 08:55 AM
    Is choosing a non-branded CV more likely to get me the official Win10 update?
    Yes
    Is anybody keeping track of which countries/carriers are getting the update as time passes?
    Microsoft used have a page dedicated to show the last software release by country/carrier and device but looks like they have taken it down. Your best bet would be to read around. One thing to confirm, none of the US carriers have upgraded their WP8.1 phones to WM10.
    RumoredNow and kosmiko like this.
    04-19-2016 10:54 PM
31 12