Get out of the Insider Program now...Redstone coming to Slow ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a shame. I'm waiting for my new phone which I wanted to use with a recent build to get Cortana in my region. When is Redstone coming to slow ring?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
it would be nice when major builds come like that they'd allow us to choose the build. Oh well I'll remain on the stable version until June or July then
Not sure I follow, you could stay in production on .164 and when the Redstone builds or updates are announced you could switch rings in the Insider app.
Or do you mean something else?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I follow, you could stay in production on .164 and when the Redstone builds or updates are announced you could switch rings in the Insider app.

Well you told me it was already in the slow ring. So if I sign up for the insider builds, whether I'm in the fast ring or slow ring, I'll be getting it doesn't it?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
whether I'm in the fast ring or slow ring, I'll be getting it doesn't it?
You could chose 'Production' ring, the Redstone builds aren't being pushed to this ring.
You'd get the choice then if you wanted to install it to move to fast/slow, or stay off it in production.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

Found out last night, you can't switch rings once the download has started... After 16 hours it finally downloaded and installed the latest Redstone. What a seamless process. It's not like we have had software update programs for 20 years or anything!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
You could chose 'Production' ring, the Redstone builds aren't being pushed to this ring.
You'd get the choice then if you wanted to install it to move to fast/slow, or stay off it in production.

Oh! I haven't been using Windows since November so I've been out of the loop. The "Production" option wasn't there then.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm signed on to the Production ring and are on 10586.164 with my Lumia 640. I accidently left my wife's 640 on the slow ring and last night it had an update to Redstone. I thought "OH S**T", but had to let it update. After checking it out on her phone, everything seems to be working great. So I'm about ready to also jump back on the slow ring so I can get Redstone on my 640.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes. The WDRTool will take me all the way back to 8.1 Denim. I've done that before and then worked my way back to the release I wanted.

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I was dreading this update based on the comments here and known issues relative to Band 2. Given the choice to endure the pain of a hard reset or venture into the unknown, I decided to make the leap to 14295 knowing full well that if it sucked as bad as purported, I could then do the WDRT on my 950XL which would be no more painful than a hard reset. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. To my great surprise, the update was painless, the "known issues" relative to the Band 2 have not materialized and everything running well (so far). Time will tell.... ymmv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99