How do I get my Windows Lumia 640 to send & receive MMS messages?

tammygreeneyes64

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
How do i get my windows lumia 640 to send & recieve MMS messages

i updated my phone to windows 10 at first it was sending and recieving MMS messages and now it is not. i already searched for my MMS APN and added it. it just says applied.. ughh anyone know how ican fix this??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do i get my windows lumia 640 to send & recieve MMS messages

What carrier(s) are we talking about? Odd that it would work and then stop.

Have you tried powering down, pull SIM and inspect for clean contacts, reseat SIM and boot up?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

mmc-dsm

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I think it gets lost when upgrading to W10M; happened to me. Just make a web search like "xxxxxxx mms apn". (xxxxxxx would be your carrier)

I entered back everything manually and it now works.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Make sure your mobile data is on. At least with my provider, MMS will not send or receive if data isn't on.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Re: How do I get my Windows Lumia 640 to send & receive MMS messages?

And if your phone is a dual SIM variant, make sure that the Operator you want to send MMS from is the mobile data sender.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I get my Windows Lumia 640 to send & receive MMS messages?

i had the same issue and my gf does too. when upgrading to windows 10 it deletes the MMS settings or something, MS needs to fix this but for now the only option i found is to keep manually adding back the mms everytime it decides to wipe it out...which it will do very frequently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte