So very slow

RalloTubbs

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I have a Lumia 640 on Windows 10 yet it's so damn slow to open anything a small app like a banking app takes 5 or mins to open.

What could be causing this. So I do like windows but I've had to go back to android just so I can load anything fairly quicky

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems with my L730 after upgrading, slow to the point of being almost unusable. I bit the bullet and did a hard reset, didn't restore from back-up, set everything up as a new install and it's great now. Snappy and faster online through Edge than it ever was on 8.1... Give it a go, hope it sorts it for you.

RalloTubbs

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I didnt restore from backup as i have fast enough internet to redownload everything in a few mins.

im just abit unsure with recovery tool as i dont want to go back to WP8.1

RalloTubbs

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problems with my L730 after upgrading, slow to the point of being almost unusable. I bit the bullet and did a hard reset, didn't restore from back-up, set everything up as a new install and it's great now. Snappy and faster online through Edge than it ever was on 8.1... Give it a go, hope it sorts it for you.

hard reset was done as soon as the update happened as i know it can help but this time just painful

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. For my last hard reset I backed up to OneDrive, formatted my sd card, reset, no restore from back up, reinstalled apps to phone, not SD, avoided downloading any of the older apps that possibly caused conflict/ glitches. The phone ran brilliantly for the first time. I then transferred some apps to SD. Over the next few days I downloaded some of those older apps to SD and if they seemed slow or not quite as on 8.1, deleted them. So far the only apps I've said goodbye to are some of the older photography apps that were built for 8.1 but the store said were installable. Lumia panorama seems ok and I was still able to reload photosynth, which works fine. I'm finally happy to use it as a daily driver, and to my surprise it's quicker than 8.1. Loving it. I'm no expert but I think some of the apps that the store say's are OK to download possibly cause problems..? Painful and time consuming as it is, have another go, hope it comes right.

RalloTubbs

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE

I did a complete reflash and then upgraded back to W10 and its still slow not as bad but still slow with apps like Spotify as all my music is on it and it's the most important app I have.

Hit Spotify and about 3mins it loaded and this is from a high speed SD card.

I want to use windows but If its so slow that I can't. I'm back to my cheap android

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Your app load times shouldn't be different by several minutes, especially after during a hard reset. Maybe you have a defective device or a bad micro SD card.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree, there must be something wrong with your device or micro sd card. I have tried build .164 on two 640s and both are quite snappy, without any significant lag.

RalloTubbs

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Well the SD card is used fine in other devices and I've used another class 10 ultra SD card its aboout 30secs or so to load anything saved to it

Which is abit annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa