Motion Option

SFabio

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Wish someone just to explain how motion would work with lumia 930, it is enabled and 2.0 updated, upgraded to windows 10, everything seems find i have no issues at all, well, very minor ones, i have enabled motion and installed Windows Health, but it does not track my steps at all.

Do i have to install another app as Windows Health works only with Ms Band or what.

Thanks all.

kataruna

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello SFabio,

I had the same problem since I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago (insider). Microsoft Health does not read motion data and Windows Health & Fitness (which was awesome) is discontinued. This problem was bugging me a lot as I'm trying to track my steps and lose weight. I sent many many feedbacks to microsoft explaining that the damn Microsoft Health app does not read the motion data. After some time I concluded that they do not even read our feedbacks.

Then yesterday I revert back to windows 8.1 and saw the old version of Health & Fitness app installed, working and tracking my steps very well. So, I decided to upgrade to windows 10 again but prevent Health & Fitness app from updating, in order to keep it in the phone. I turned automatic updates off in the store app, I manually update the apps I want updated. Now I'm using Health & Fitness app in windows 10.

It's a bit slower compared to windows 8.1 but at least finally I have an app tracking my steps. I suggest you try this. I used Windows Device Recovery tool in order to go back windows 8.1. Good luck.

SFabio

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Ooooooh, walking a mile, i do have to restore it to old version then upgrade it once again, i like the way you have done it, i guess i will do this next weekend.

Thanks Kataruna, i appreciate it.

SFabio

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Kataruna,

Any ideas if i do reset to my phone, will i have Here Drive+ installed or i do need to install it, as Here has removed it from Apps market.

kataruna

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi SFabio,

Here Drive+ was installed as well when I went back to Windows 8.1. But I forgot to prevent it from updating after upgrading to windows 10 again. I suggest you do that just like you do with Health & Fitness app. It's a beautiful app.

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
UP! Is it really the only way? Looks too much for such a problem... Since Runtastic me was working on 8.1 and now it is not on W10 :( Nor do any other step program... Sucks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss