Need APN setup help for 950XL on AT&T/Harbor Mobile

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone,
So I've scoured the web and tried all the APN settings I can find to get my phone working on Harbor Mobile (uses AT&Ts network and sim card). My Lumia 950XL worked fine on AT&T (which is what I had last month when I got the 950XL) but now all I can do is make and receive phone calls. I currently have it set up using AT&Ts recommendations:

Phone
APN: NXTGENPHONE
Sign in: None
IP Type: IPv4v6
Use APN for LTE is checked

MMS Settings
APN: NXTGENPHONE
Sign in: None
IP Type: IPv4v6
Proxy Server: proxy.mobile.att.net
Proxy Port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
Maximum MMS Size (KB): 600

I'm losing my mind here, and could really use the help. I've contacted ATT and they said they 'provisioned' my device on my sim card but no change... I have full signal but it just says ATT 4G and neither MMS nor internet works. I've put the sim card into a firephone and my old Lumia 1020 it works fine, both MMS and LTE internet work on the fire and 1020.

I've also read on the internet that the phone will set up the sim settings automatically if I configure the phone with the sim in, but I tried that as well. full reset my phone with the sim in and nothing changed.

Thanks in advance, hope I can get this solved, I'm now 4 days our of my return window on the 950XL (not that I want to return it at all but I feel like this issue stems from it being unlocked, not ATT Branded) :(

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply I am on Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.164, I believe the second sim slot only supports call and text but I am giving it a try right now.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am on windows build 10.0.10586.164, I just tried the second sim slot but it is the same thing. I believe the 2nd slot is only for phone and text and doesn't support data even when it is working properly.

Thanks again,

Jack

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
The second SIM supports data as well. You need to toggle between the two for data connection: Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM > Use this SIM for cellular data.

I would recommend you contact your carrier for the APN settings. I also find when I toggle from SIM 1 to SIM 2 for data, I MUST restart my phone in order for it to work. However, when I toggle back from 2 to 1, I do not need to restart. The original W10M builds never required a restart, which was a huge benefit for me, as I ALWAYS had to restart with W8M. I also find AT&T can take up to 30 mins to find an LTE network sometimes.

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I also find AT&T can take up to 30 mins to find an LTE network sometimes.

Would this mean after changing my APN settings I'd need to wait 30 minutes for anything to work or just LTE speeds? I change my APN settings and restart but upon restart it still doesn't work. I have probably changed my APN and reset it to default before 30 minutes is up though.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Would this mean after changing my APN settings I'd need to wait 30 minutes for anything to work or just LTE speeds? I change my APN settings and restart but upon restart it still doesn't work. I have probably changed my APN and reset it to default before 30 minutes is up though.

You'd need to wait 30 mins for LTE to show up. You should still have connectivity, just not at LTE. Again, this was a single, isolated, one time scenario for me. I also find once I'm using that SIM regularly, it finds the LTE network more quickly in the future. Others have complained about AT&T and LTE issues a lot. Is your carrier unable to clearly provide their APN settings?

I also looked at Harbor Mobile's site, according to them your APN should be: Phone
I'd give that a whirl.

Jack Ciriello

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Figured I'd update. Everything is working now.
They said they didn't have the correct device information in their system for the 950XL. Not really surprising since I'd bet I'm the first (or at least one of the few) 950XL on Harbor Mobile. Regardless they did whatever they needed to do to add the device info in the system and after an hour or so it started working. I'm scared to change the APN settings now but I currently have it so MMS is limited to 600K, I'd like to change it to 2048k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12