Help.. I accidentally delete 'sim application' from my Lumia 630. How can I get it back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Help... I accidentally delete 'sim application' from my lumia 630

I first tried to move some stuff from my phone to my sd card but it was not moving (a lot of people have been getting this problem... the 'sim application' was included)... so i deleted everything on my sd card(there were only minor apps) and formatted it... but now, i see that 'sim application' and everything i tried to move dissapeared...note that it had not been moved before i formatted my sd card, it just showed a message saying that i should wait a little longer (sorry for my bad english... its not my first language)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help... I accidentally delete 'sim application' from my lumia 630

Try restarting your phone. (hold down the power and volume down buttons together for about 10 seconds until the phone vibrates)

If that doesn't help, you may need to do a hard reset. In Windows 10 Mobile the reset option is in Settings/System/About scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Reset your phone. IIRC, this setting is in the same place on Windows Phone 8.1 (been a while since I've used 8.1)

Don't worry! It's pretty simple. But, before you do this, make sure you have everything backed up. In the messages app, check settings to make sure Text Message backup is ON, and as long as you have all your photos backed up to OneDrive or your PC, you should be good to go! When you do the reset, upon the first start up, you'll be asked to sign into your Microsoft account and then given the option to restore a backup or start fresh with a clean install. Either way, being signed into your Microsoft account will restore your Text message conversations, and you'll easily be able to restore all your apps through the store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa