Alternate charger for Lumia 640 XL....

vikrant1982

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Friends,

I have just bought a new 640 XL and i feel that the stock 750 mA charger takes way too long to charge the phone. It is kind of annoying to me. Can anyone suggest an alternate charger. I contacted microsoft via mail support but they insisted that i should use the stock charger only.

My question is wouldn't an alternate charger from Microsoft like AC-60N charge the phone faster without damaging the battery? Also why in the first place Microsoft thought of using such a low powered charger to charge a 3000mAh battery. Is this some sort of cost cutting?

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Well I dont know why Microsoft does what it does anymore. A lot of their decisions dont make a lot of sense to anyone anymore. But, rant over. Yes you can use it, without worrying about your phone, its batteries, or whatever tiny little phone babies it will eventually make in time. Mating with all your other mobile devices. Trust me, they do that. A lot. You're good to go. ^_^

-- W

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can use just about any decent quality charger.

Just make sure it puts out 5 Volts.

The charger is to reduce cost. I've used an iPad charger (2.1 A), Palm Pre charger (1 A), the stock Nokia one that came with my 920 (1.3 A), a random Samsung one... etc. with various phones, my 640 included. I think you'll be fine with nearly anything. Although cheap, sketchy ones from china are best avoided.

Robert Tullos

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I use a 5.3 volt 2.0 amp charger from a Samsung Galaxy. The version with 3.0 Usb, much like the port on an external SATA drive. The charger does the job in around 90 minutes in Airplane mode, with very, very little or no heat at all. I wouldn't recommend any higher than 5.5 at 2.8 amps. Your phone will love you. Also use an Nokia OEM data cable. They fit tightly like they are supposed to.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I use my old Lumia 925 charger which is 2.1 amp or sometimes if I'm in a hurry use my Dell Venue 8 pro charger and it'll charge up rather quickly.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello vikrant1982 Can you tell me how it worked out with the new charger?

My 640XL been taking too long to charge with the stock charger, almost like upto 3 hours from 5% to 100%.

The thing is that the charger heats up and so does the phone but the battery doesn't that means that the problem is in the charger or the phone But not the battery.

LeonC1963

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the 640XL not to bothered about charging time as it lasts all day so charge it overnight, however why did they use a fixed lead? makes no sense as now had to buy a separate data cable when it could have doubled up if the charger had a USB port on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6