Not Connected to Internet Error. How can I get connected?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Not Connected to Internet Error.

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 730 dual SIM, with Windows Phone 8.1. Recently, the installed apps started crashing and the phone got quite slow. So I reset the phone to factory settings. But the problem persisted. It started working well once I formatted the SD Card. So, maybe the problem was with the SD Card. But, now after the reset, most of the apps closes with the Error "Please check your internet connection" even though the data connection is turned on. Sample error when trying to get preview builds using the Windows Insider app - "Server Error - A connection error prevented us from downloading programs. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again". The date/time is right and automatic update date/time is set to true in the settings. Most of the apps are throwing this error. However, browsing using browser and apps like Facebook and WhatsApp is working fine. Did anybody here face this kind of issue? Kindly help.

OS - Windows Phone 8.1 Update (Denim)
OS Version - 8.10.14234.375

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not Connected to Internet Error.

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 730 dual SIM, with Windows Phone 8.1. Recently, the installed apps started crashing and the phone got quite slow. So I reset the phone to factory settings. But the problem persisted. It started working well once I formatted the SD Card. So, maybe the problem was with the SD Card. But, now after the reset, most of the apps closes with the Error "Please check your internet connection" even though the data connection is turned on. Sample error when trying to get preview builds using the Windows Insider app - "Server Error - A connection error prevented us from downloading programs. Please check the date/time on your device and its network connection and try again". The date/time is right and automatic update date/time is set to true in the settings. Most of the apps are throwing this error. However, browsing using browser and apps like Facebook and WhatsApp is working fine. Did anybody here face this kind of issue? Kindly help.

OS - Windows Phone 8.1 Update (Denim)
OS Version - 8.10.14234.375

You lost your APN settings after hard reset, go to Settiings and put them again. If you don't know them, ask your carrier

varuag07

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Not Connected to Internet Error.

I entered the APN Settings manually and tried. Still no change. Browsing using browser is fine and few apps like Facebook and WhatsApp works fine in SIM data connection as well as when connected to WiFi, but other apps are giving the same Cannot connect to internet error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs