I have a new Lumia 650 that i've set up to give me message alerts but it's still not giving them to me. It's not showing them as a number on my home screen or making noise notifications.

Once or twice a message number has appeared on the home screen but not until after i've actually opened the message tab, which is bizzare, nevermind pointless.

Anyone know what i can do to sort this?

Please!
    04-08-2016 08:45 AM
    You mean you don't get SMS notifications and sounds, but when you open Messenger you see new SMS's.
    If that is the case, you definitely disabled or have disabled Messaging and Messaging + Skype in Background Apps settings.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ild-164-a.html
    Last edited by TheChazas; 04-08-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Bez1945 likes this.
    04-08-2016 08:51 AM
    I've got all the messaging options turned on but have not set up skype yet as i don't need to use it yet.
    04-08-2016 09:56 AM
    Anyone else had this problem and managed to resolve it?
    04-09-2016 06:57 AM
    Thank you so much TheChazas. Been battling with this since I got the phone last week. You were right- and now it's fixed.
    05-19-2016 07:10 AM
    You mean you don't get SMS notifications and sounds, but when you open Messenger you see new SMS's.
    If that is the case, you definitely disabled or have disabled Messaging and Messaging + Skype in Background Apps settings.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ild-164-a.html
    I have everything turned on and still nothing. Any ideas?
    02-18-2017 05:39 AM
    Your Messaging App might be disabled in the background. Do these two things.

1. Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Microsoft Messaging > Should be "On"
    2. System > Notifications & actions > Messaging > "On" for banners, show notifications in action center, vibrate if my sound setting support it, Notification sound > All On

HTH
    02-20-2017 10:48 AM
    It was just doing this for me, I had to set notifications from the regular Settings menu and from the actual email account's Settings (from the ...), then I had to take out the battery and replace it. Only after that did the notifications work. I'm so disappointed in this phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-22-2017 12:06 PM
    It was just doing this for me, I had to set notifications from the regular Settings menu and from the actual email account's Settings (from the ...), then I had to take out the battery and replace it. Only after that did the notifications work. I'm so disappointed in this phone.
    I finally figured it out. You have to go to battery saver turn it on and put Messenger and messaging always allowed in the background for it to work.
    03-24-2017 02:52 PM