How do I read a .pdf document?

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I’ve downloaded and installed a pdf reader on my phone and I’ve downloaded a pdf document on my computer and transferred it to my downloads folder on my phone. How do I open the pdf as it doesn't show up in the folder?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I’ve downloaded and installed a pdf reader on my phone and I’ve downloaded a pdf document on my computer and transferred it to my downloads folder on my phone. How do I open the pdf as it doesn't show up in the folder?

can you open the file using the app?

By the way, you're using a 950xl? If yes, then you should be able to open the file using edge. Go to file explorer app, go to downloads folder and click on the file, it should open. If you don't see the file, then check that it copied properly

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
there are at least 2 pdf viewers in the store. one is written by Microsoft and the other adobe. I recommend using the Microsoft one.

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
can you open the file using the app?

By the way, you're using a 950xl? If yes, then you should be able to open the file using edge. Go to file explorer app, go to downloads folder and click on the file, it should open. If you don't see the file, then check that it copied properly

Hi Gobel, I thought I'd need to be online to use Edge and since I have the pdf already copied to my phone I don't see the reason to use Edge. Is there a specific folder on the phone to put files transferred from a computer?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Gobel, I thought I'd need to be online to use Edge and since I have the pdf already copied to my phone I don't see the reason to use Edge. Is there a specific folder on the phone to put files transferred from a computer?

You can store your files anywhere you want. PDF files, by default, open in Edge unless there are other compatible apps installed. You don't need internet to open PDFs in Edge and Edge is good enough at handling those files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss