Windows 10 on Lumia 830 : yes or no, is it ready, any major bugs?

bowrisk

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
hi i want to asked.. i use lumia 830 at&t..but i checked for updated to windows10 with upgrade advisor. after that i go to phone update. but i still dont get the win10 update..when lumia830 at&t got window10 updated??

sbtpdx

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, folks. I'm the Nervous Nelly type and will almost certainly wait for the official carrier release (AT&T) before making the switch. But I'm curious about a comment by at least a couple of you above regarding the font in W10.

Readability is a BIG issue for my aging eyes, even with trifocals. Could someone with insight (pun intended) on this provide more information?

Thanks, as always, to those of you who blaze the trail ahead for the rest of us!

sbtpdx

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Found information on the font issue in the "Lumia 830 and Windows 10" thread. Sorry for not checking there first, and thanks to KefKef, et al.!

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
hi i want to asked.. i use lumia 830 at&t..but i checked for updated to windows10 with upgrade advisor. after that i go to phone update. but i still dont get the win10 update..when lumia830 at&t got window10 updated??

Don't know if at&t rolled out the update, but you can install Windows Insider if you want W10M right now. Just make sure to choose Release or Production ring, not Fast or Slow rings.

Last edited:

ni76

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my lumia 830 to w10 yesterday, and I'm having a BIG problem: I can't access my text messages or write new text messages! Messages-app needs access to Contacts-app, but in contacts settings menu all app on/off buttons are faded out, and all buttons are marked 'off'!!
I've installed all updates via update advisor and app-store, and tried soft restart and switching phone on/off. The buttons are still faded out! Please help!

Edith: seems like my only option is hard reset...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ccess-my/48f0c6e5-d8ef-42d3-bd03-e874438c2327

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo