Win 10 and new Firmware - Now lost Data

ex-egaa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I used WDRT to update the firmware to 15013 ( I was on 15008, with Win 10). This of course brought me back to Windows 8.1 update 2. I reinstalled windows 10, and then update that to the latest version. I then realised that I had no data connectivity. What ever I tried would not bring it back. Thinking it was Win 10 I went back via WDRT to Win 8.1. Still no data. Tried the SIM in a different phone, works fine. In the BLU HD LTE, the phone works, but no data 2G, 3G LTE. Is there a way to downloaf the 15008 FFU?

My carrier is TELUS in Canada, does anyone have this working on their BLU, if so could they share the APN settings.

Any ideas on how to fix this please

Barry

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi. You seem to know what you are doing, but did you expand the notification screen and check if mobile data was on? Have you tried a different sim? Does your carrier set up the network settings for you, or do you do them manually? It seems odd that you can make calls but not use data. See if your carrier has a web page giving the info for APN settings. Sometimes you have to give it a minute.

If it affects both 8.1 and 10, that is where I would start looking and checking data settings. A firmware update may have made changes or reset the settings.

Best of luck

ex-egaa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I had found that, and also the one for win 10, but to no avail. The only common link I can find is changing from firmware 15008 to 15013!

I'll try a friends SIM over the weekend to see if that works.

Barry

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'll see if I can dig up something on this side of the Atlantic. I'll do my best as I have an affection for Canada! The wife comes from there!!

ex-egaa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if my last post made it or not, BUT your assumption what I knew what I was doing may have been incorrect!!!

Although I did the Internet APN settings, for some reason (frustration??) I didn't add in the MMS ones! Put those in and now all is good with the world, at least with 8.1. Time to go to Win 10 again.

Assuming you're in the UK, that's where I originally lived. Moved here 35 years ago.

Thanks for the help

Barry

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I used WDRT to update the firmware to 15013 ( I was on 15008, with Win 10). This of course brought me back to Windows 8.1 update 2. I reinstalled windows 10, and then update that to the latest version. I then realised that I had no data connectivity. What ever I tried would not bring it back. Thinking it was Win 10 I went back via WDRT to Win 8.1. Still no data. Tried the SIM in a different phone, works fine. In the BLU HD LTE, the phone works, but no data 2G, 3G LTE. Is there a way to downloaf the 15008 FFU?

My carrier is TELUS in Canada, does anyone have this working on their BLU, if so could they share the APN settings.

Any ideas on how to fix this please

Barry

No chance the sim tray may have gotten damaged is there? Had my Ativ S w/Telus lose its data for no apparent reason, turned out one of the contacts inside tray broke off, just a thought.

ex-egaa

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I updated my firmware as well here in canada on rogers. I got data but only 3g and h+. No more lte.

Although I am with Telus and not Rogers, I am getting LTE in Ottawa, maybe the following will help?

Go to Settings / Network & Wireless / Mobile & SIM / Sim 1 (or 2) settings
Under Internet APN select the Activated APN, probably Rogers in your case then Edit

You should se the following settings:

(Note if all fileds are blank, or there is no activated data, tap Add an Internet APN and populate with the following)

Profile name: Rogers Wireless Internet
APN: internet.com
User name: wapuser1
Password: wap
IP type: IPv4

ENABLE: Use this APN for LTE and replace the one from my mobile operator.

Save

Note if the field is not mentioned above it should be left blank.

Barry

selfxd

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I used there lte apn from there site and used ipv6 and lte flicks on. :)

Originally posted by ex-egaa
Originally Posted by selfxd
I updated my firmware as well here in canada on rogers. I got data but only 3g and h+. No more lte.

Although I am with Telus and not Rogers, I am getting LTE in Ottawa, maybe the following will help?

Go to Settings / Network & Wireless / Mobile & SIM / Sim 1 (or 2) settings
Under Internet APN select the Activated APN, probably Rogers in your case then Edit

You should se the following settings:

(Note if all fileds are blank, or there is no activated data, tap Add an Internet APN and populate with the following)

Profile name: Rogers Wireless Internet
APN: internet.com
User name: wapuser1
Password: wap
IP type: IPv4

ENABLE: Use this APN for LTE and replace the one from my mobile operator.

Save

Note if the field is not mentioned above it should be left blank.

Barry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos