Lumia 930 Microphone issues, any help?

tomi35

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930 Microphone issue

Hello,

A few months ago, probably after upgrading to W10M beta builds, I noticed that my microphone isn't working very well in a few scenarios. For example, during recording a video, or recording audio with Voice Recorder, there is only a static white noise with sometimes a few popping sound and sometimes it actually picks up the hits of flicking I do during recording for tests. However, there is no issue during calls (except using the speaker) and with Cortana.
I have read other threads that others have this issue and it's probably a hardware one, but I would like to make sure that it is not a fault of software before sending it back (I have around 1 month hardware warranty remaining).
When the 10586.164 update arrived for insiders, I did a factory reset because there were some problems with the system that literally nobody had or just a very few people. These issues were solved after the factory reset, but the microphone is still making only a white noise. Is there anything besides the factory reset I can do to make sure it is a hardware issue? Is there some kind of "test mode" in W10M where I can test few parts of the hardware?

Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven