Calendar not showing Alarms & Reminders... Win10 bug?

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I have just upgraded an unlocked AT&T Lumia 640, with a T-Mobile SIM card, to Win10 via the Insider App today.

The upgrade went pretty smoothly, the only immediate problem was not seeing my contacts or calendar entries, but a Hard Reset took care of that.

Unfortunately the Calendar has stopped showing Alarms and Reminders on the Lock and Start Screens, something it was doing a short while ago.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have just upgraded an unlocked AT&T Lumia 640, with a T-Mobile SIM card, to Win10 via the Insider App today.

The upgrade went pretty smoothly, the only immediate problem was not seeing my contacts or calendar entries, but a Hard Reset took care of that.

Unfortunately the Calendar has stopped showing Alarms and Reminders on the Lock and Start Screens, something it was doing a short while ago.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be?

1 - check Account in Calendar settings
2 - check in Settings, Lock Screen if Calendar is in the Detailed section
3 - check in Background processes if Calendar is enabled

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
1 - check Account in Calendar settings
2 - check in Settings, Lock Screen if Calendar is in the Detailed section
3 - check in Background processes if Calendar is enabled

Hi Maurizio

And thanks for the quick reply!

wp_ss_20160410_0001.png wp_ss_20160410_0002.png

As you can see, I have Outlook Calendar selected for the Lock Screen, and I just turned everything on as far as Background Apps are concerned... just to be safe! LOL!

My Account is synced, all my contacts and calendars are on the phone, as well as my email.

If you have any other ideas I'd appreciate it!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Maurizio

And thanks for the quick reply!

View attachment 124968 View attachment 124969

As you can see, I have Outlook Calendar selected for the Lock Screen, and I just turned everything on as far as Background Apps are concerned... just to be safe! LOL!

My Account is synced, all my contacts and calendars are on the phone, as well as my email.

If you have any other ideas I'd appreciate it!

There's only one setting I forgot: go to Settings, Notification center, and under Calendar check if everything is ON, EXCEPT Keep Private in Lock Screen

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Okay, the Notification & Action Center seems to be the problem... good catch!

wp_ss_20160410_0006.png wp_ss_20160410_0005.png

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way to add the Outlook Calendar to the Notification Center!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Okay, the Notification & Action Center seems to be the problem... good catch!

View attachment 124974 View attachment 124972

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way to add the Outlook Calendar to the Notification Center!

You got old a new outlook, but not the outlook calendar, something wrong during app update.
You musyt have one Mail and One Calendar, and app appears only after first notify in Win10.
Check store download update

Paul F22

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep, you're right! There seems to be no way to uninstall Outlook on the phone... you can do it on the desktop via Powershell.

The Store just tells me the app is installed and there's no option to update it or download it again.

Update...

So, I've just done another Hard Reset and this seems to have solved the problem; I'm seeing Calendar alarms and reminders on the Lock and Start screens again.

BUT, Outlook Calendar still doesn't show up in the Notification & Action center, just Outlook Mail as in my Screenshot above; the old Outlook icon is also gone.

Thanks for all your help Maurizio!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte