I find the vibration on my 640 the weakest I've ever experienced on any mobile phone. Also because of the speaker location its easily covered either in your pocket, or face up on a desk you often don't hear it. As a result I miss a lot of calls and alarms. Any one else have this problem and how did you get around it.
    04-10-2016 06:08 AM
    1. By time, you just become more sensitive to its vibration.XD
    2. Normally I put it in my pocket face down to my thigh.
    3. Note that I don't use any extra cover, don't know whether the experience might differ..
    04-10-2016 08:50 AM
    I've had it a few months. No case.
    04-10-2016 08:58 AM
    Bit of a flaw if you have to put the phone face down to hear it.
    04-10-2016 09:20 AM
    4. On hard surface, the speaker sounds fine. Only when it is muffled like on bed. I can even 'manually' silence the phone by putting my lil finger on the speaker hole. Just put it face down when on bed.
    5. The plus is, if you do put it face-down, when you turn it to see the Glance screen (like in the morning) it always work perfectly as the ambient light difference can be easily detected.
    04-10-2016 09:21 AM
    Yeah the phone design was quite a flaw. I can tolerate with it as it is value buy.
    04-10-2016 09:23 AM
    My speaker is great on my Lumia 640. One of the loudest I've owned. I have no issues hearing the ringer face up even on soft cloth like the couch or from inside my pocket. Speaker Phone is so loud I run it at 2-3 for the level.

Maybe check for hardware faults: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=jpt2Os9Y
    04-10-2016 11:42 AM
    I will admit the speaker can get muffled. It is the reason why so many phones released with a rear speaker have a middle piece that dimples outward just enough to keep the speaker edges from being flush. This simple of a design add would have prevented this (if you run the phone without a case). However, for the most part I have had no issues.
    04-10-2016 06:53 PM
    My speaker is great on my Lumia 640. One of the loudest I've owned. I have no issues hearing the ringer face up even on soft cloth like the couch or from inside my pocket. Speaker Phone is so loud I run it at 2-3 for the level.

Maybe check for hardware faults: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=46a4jzeN
    Mine is loud enough when the port isn't blocked. Its just easy to block the hole in the case. I see theres another thread on it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...sign-flaw.html
    04-11-2016 07:27 AM
    Mine is loud enough when the port isn't blocked. Its just easy to block the hole in the case. I see theres another thread on it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...sign-flaw.html
    I did get an aftermarket Orange battery cover for mine and it has a small nub on it next to the speaker hole to help keep it from lying flush, but a case defeats that naturally. Such nubs should be on the case itself. BLU does that for the case they include in the Win HD LTE box. Nice touch.

If you don't use a case, consider a back from this seller or look for similar where you can see the nub: GH Green Original Battery Back Door Cover Case Screen for Microsoft Lumia 640 | eBay

Or look for a case that has a nub...
    libra89 likes this.
    04-11-2016 10:52 AM