Why is M/soft Lumia Battery unable to charge when it's rundown?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is M/soft Lumia Battery unable to charge when it's rundown

Got my SECOND M/soft Lumia 550 within THREE weeks and I'm experiencing the same problem with charging the phone.

Now, the mobile has completely shut down (the battery had gone completely flat as I wasn't able to charge it at the time) I'm feeling a strange sense of deja vu!
Grateful for help..!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is M/soft Lumia Battery unable to charge when it's rundown

When you run the battery flat, the chip in the battery goes into a coma and won't charge until woken.

Plug into the supplied (OEM) charger and wait. Don't push buttons and keep trying to turn it on, this disrupts the process. It probably takes a couple hours, but then the chip wakes and the phone boots. It will have 6% or less battery. Let it finish charging as normal and go about your business.

FWIW, draining the battery until sudden shutdown is very hard on the system. Consider a battery bank if your days are that busy that you can not charge up as needed...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa