Nokia 925 Bricked after update

ScottRotton86

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I need help, I was on the insider program and a while ago I tried to update my phone from the update section and now its stuck in a look,

has the spining cogs, then a sad face then restarts, left it running for a few days same issue.

Ive tried holding down power and volume down, vibrates then restarts if i leave the volume down key it just restarts again

if i do power volume up then i get a thunderbolt and settings cog but doesnt allow me to do anything

ive tried windows recovery tool but doesnt seem much use.

any ideas?

ScottRotton86

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion, Tried that and got a different result which is promising, now I got the needs charging screen, which is weird because its been plugged in for days, the constant restarting must never let the battery charge, doesnt anyone know how to stop the phone turning on when i plug the power cable in so it can charge properly?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
try performing a reset by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10?15 seconds).
  2. When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
  3. Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

A Dog

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I had to flash the correct Denim 8.1 Rom to go to Windows 10 mobile(I don't remember what that was, sorry). My 925 was originally a WM8 and not 8.1 and I had the same/similar problem when upgrading to 10 from Denim. WM10 mobile worked after that(albeit very buggy on the Lumia 925). I just went back to Denim after more than 9 months on insider. But I'm gonna try wm10 again because I like what it has going for it-besides the buggyness and poorer user experience.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99